Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i can anyone give me some ideas on enclosure set up i have decided to change mine a bit to give them a bit more of an interesting enclosure any pics would be great

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a little Cherry Head and this is my outdoor enclosure for him. I am getting a much bigger pen ready for him when he gets bigger.

outdoor enclosure

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pictures of both are good cause goin to do something outside at a later date when warmer just think there indoor one is a bit boring looking, wanted to do something different so they have more to explore

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
its the well planted enclosures like that that really appeals to me with the redfoots. i am NOT going to get an more tortoises though. NONE!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, here 's my indoor one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It is a 75 gal. vivarium. I made a mixture of peat moss, Forest Floor, by Zoo Med, and top soil. I added leaf litter from my yard, and planted some moss, and a few baby Rose of Sharon, and some pansies and dandilion. I have to keep adding plants, as he eats them. I also put long fibered moss in his hide, and some Flukers Green Reptile Moss on top of the soil. On the top I have a heat emitter on one side, and a long 10.0 tube UVB light on the cool side. All the plants and moss keep the humidity in pretty well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
sorry, that second picture is outside. I couldn't erase it. The rest are the inside enclosure.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I usually refrain from 'gushing' at peoples set ups. However terryo's are absolutely stunning! Possibly the best I've seen with the moss and plants growing. That must be a very happy tortoise, he's extremely pretty too!

gush over!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Plants

Please can you list the plants you have? It will help improve Balderellas home. Hers is bland and boring. I need to spice it up a little :eek:)
Yours looks eff-ing marvelous and im ashamed of my weedy setup :eek:(
cheers :eek:)

I have a little Cherry Head and this is my outdoor enclosure for him. I am getting a much bigger pen ready for him when he gets bigger.

outdoor enclosure

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think I posted this before, so....sorry if I am repeating myself.
In the outdoor one, I planted Spring mix seeds. Thats what he is eating. He loves the sprouts. Buttler lettuce, dandelion, pansies and a few strawberry plants. I just put some moss and leaf littler on top of the soil.
In the inside one I don't have too much, just a couple of little Rose of Sharon, pansies, dandelion. I use long fibered moss in both the outside and inside under his hide log. He likes to dig under there. In the inside one I put this green moss. It looks nice, and it holds the humidity. http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/shelled-turtles-tortoise/135581-redfoot-enclosure-pics-new-post.html
I did all this because I couldn't keep in the humidity, because it is so dry in my house in the winter. I have dry heat that is awful. Watering the plants now keeps in the humidity very well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you all for the nice compliments. He is my first tortoise. I mostly had boxies and water turtles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts