Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just started my pre-breeding season preparations which i think i do this year and see how it goes.

I have reduced the light my gecko hve to 11 hours now instead of 12, i have noticed though prob because of change they dont eat as much or eat at all, been 2 days now. They may of course be eating out of the mealworm dish durign the day or night, but they usually eat when i feed them. Is this due to the change of light and them needing to adjust to it or shall i just place 12 hours back and notbother with this pre-breeding technique!!!

James

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
not sure about gackos, but i've reduced light in my bd's viv down by 45 mins so far and I have changed the time i feed her to suit,so that she doesnt eat then it goes dark,she still gets an hour between food and dark.
Also if the light is thier heat source as well they wont digest properly if its too cold with lights off.

·
Banned
4,175 Posts
As I said in your other post, personally I wouldnt worry about cooling.

Leos can be fussy eaters and a change in lighting, if not coupled with changes in feeding time and heating, can upset them.

I would worry to much if they normally feed well, they will come back, but you need to keep a close eye on changing the heat, light and feeding patterns together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts