Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a bit of trouble getting the correct temps in the tub i have for my male. i have a mat and a matstat its all working correctly . its a 15watt heat mat , covers about half the tub giving hot and cold side. now i have the prob in the middle of the mat and set the mat stat too .. 84 it went up too 95 it stays at like 90 for a while wich i want it at , but then it goes too high.

so now i have it at 80 the mat stat , what temps will this give me . i am using a digi thermometer by the wayjust can't seem too get temps right lol ;)
thankyou.

oh and another thing, if it reads like 88 on my thermometer will the whole mat be this temp?

thanks

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
are you placing the probe from the stat on the heatmat?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yes.
I dont know why it isnt being accurate, it should be.
set to 80 and going to 90-95 is not right at all, you are emasuring the temps at the same spot where you have the probe on the mat yes?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yer i have the probe in the middle of the mat on the kitchen roll and i have the thermometer probe right next too it ,

the mat is out side the tub

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
tell you what i do for ease, I stick the probe under the tub touching the heatmat directly and set the stat to 90, this usually gives 88-92 on the surface weithin the tub and less chance of the probe getting knocked out of place..maybe try it and see but 88-95 is fine for a mt temp but the lower end of that being best.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right ill go try it now. so i just put it under touching the mat?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
yeh jam it under there in place.
but still have your thermometer in the viv of course, give it half hour to settle then check the temps over the next couple hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts