Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant believe its been 5 years.
i was sitting on the sofa at my mums, watching it all unfold with katy.
sat there all day just watching and not saying anything...
cant believe how quick 5 years have gone.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i remember being shoved into a classroom as soon as i got to school on that day, watching the second plane go was the worst part.

anyone see that 9/11:The Twin Towers programme on Thursday night on BBC2.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Remember it very well. I was out in the yard changing a wheel on a truck when the Station Comander came on the tannoy instructing all personel on none critical duties to return to their section. When I got back in everyone was sat in the crew room with BBC news 24 on. We sat there pretty much all day watching it.. Can't believe that was 5 years ago. I watched the program the other night, must admit I nearly cried watching it. Horrible.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
jesus was it really that long ago!! That was one of the most terrifying days, I remember waiting to hear if all my family were ok over there, and crying for every1 else who wasnt :cry:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
And i will never forget it, my daughter will be 5 that day.
And i had just given birth and sorry to say didnt care, but i felt guilty a year on watching what had happened, blubbing with my sister over it. but i will always remember and think of the people that dies that day.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
hun dont feel guilty for not caring when u had just given birth....when I had my son it was when the london underground bombings happened, and all my visitors come in all upset and i just thought, I cant be doin with this now, wasnt until got over the trauma of birth that i really realised what had happened and then was devastated x

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
cornmorphs said:
cant believe its been 5 years.
Well it hasn't, 5 years will be gone on monday :D

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Well, being serious for once ...

It shocked the hell out of me, I'm a very peaceful person, and it's beyonf me what these loonies do in name of a religion (that's probably why I despise all religions).

I've got some emotional bindings with the big apple, I lived there for a year when I was 18, and loved it. Afterwards I went back there once in my first marriage honey moon.

In 1991 I went up the twin towers and have a very nice picture with Melissa (my girlfriend at the time). I'll search for this picture and post here :roll:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I remember being told and watching it on TV... couldn't believe it at all.. seemed so unreal. A mate came over and said that they were really good effects and it looked like a good film. I had to tell him about 5 times that it was real before it finally sank in. Seeing the towers collapse, knowing there were probably 100s upon 100s of people inside was the worst bit for me to watch.

I then got told off at school the next day for being happy because it was my birthday. I was told I should be upset about the 1000s of lives that had been destroyed and not happy it was my birthday.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Forgot to mention, at the time I had just moved into the UK, and was working in the airfreight industry for about 6 month. It had a big impact in the air industry, and 5 years on it didn't get any better really. It's a nightmare working with airfreight these days in age, the fuel prices went through the roof, a lot of new security regulations in place, war risk insurance having to be paid to airlines, a complete nightmare.

A huge amount of people lost their jobs in my industry, specially in the 2 years after 9/11. Now things are not as bad, but it will never be the same.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i got the days the wrong way round... bloody yanks lol

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i remeber it like it was yesterday i was sat at home just woke up my little sister was at school by dad was doing something in the kicthen i put the tv on and watched in horror as the first plane hit i scream and my dad came running the next thing my little sister runs into the house saying the plane the plane has hit then we watched the 2nd plane hit i sat there for hours all night just watching sky news i was in a deep state of shock i will never forget the day
manda xx

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
scary isnt it eh ? almost 5 years... dont feel like that long

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
yeah i remember it was not pleasent at all
i was gettin redi for skool and mi mate rang and sed put sky news on this is just after the first plane hit....then i saw the second plane hit live it was devastating all i can remember is skool bein disrupted cos noone wud work cos they were talkin about it

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
i remember it well, i was sitting in a train yard in ashford and our machine driver said"some idiots flown a plane into the twin towers" then 10 mins later he said same thing.i couldn't believe it.watching it happen was the worst thing anyone could see,ive seen alot of bad things working on the railway.but seen the planes hit the buildings sent massive shivers down my spine.

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
I was on exercise in the army for the month so missed it all! We did get told when it happened but thought it was some sort of exercise scenario so didn't really pay attention to it! Then when we got letters from home and stuff we thought shit they weren't lying!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
i regret 9/11(iraq had nothing to do with it) not just because it was sad but because it brought fourth a pointless war for dirty republicians to try and gain a ton of oil(worth about 7 trillion) and even more stupidy from bush and blair.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
snakesalive said:
i also rember it well as its my dads b-day 9/11

:shock:

k
still is i presume? :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts