Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are reptariums any good for chameleon

www.reptarium.com

im looking at the 100G one (30x30x48inch)

It's for a panther (most likely)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are they easy to heat?

and what about humidity? is it easy to keep high enough?

Have you got any photos of your setup i could see

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
We heat ours with a 100w bulb and a big reflector on the roof facing down. We have to spray with water a few times a day but apart from that their pretty easy to use.

I havent got any photos of the set up as it jut comes out as a black rectangle on the photo when i took some before so i deleted them :? but the one we have is the same size you was after 48x30x30 with those bendy false vines and bamboo and false leafs inside.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
so what else could you keep in them as surly things with claws ie beardies waterdragons would get trapped in the holes???
manda xx

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I have no idea what other things can be lept in these but our chameleon does have very sharp little pointy toe nails and he climbs up the sides without getting his claws stuck.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for the help.

i'm hoping to have it by christmas. I've gotta get a bit of money together first.

next thing, which chameleon?

Yemen, Panther or Jacksons?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah. i was just wondering if one of them is easier or more difficult etc. I like panthers, but the jacksons and yemen are more interesting to look at

·
Registered
283 Posts
lizard_lover said:
so what else could you keep in them as surly things with claws ie beardies waterdragons would get trapped in the holes???
manda xx[/quotes]

snakes look very nice in them. as long as theyre tame!
Spoon :-D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Veiled chameleons are hardy and the easiest to look after. They can take a large variety of temperatures and humidity. Panthers are next but require high humidity all the time. Jacksonii are by far the hardest to look after, they don't do to well in captive conditions apartently

1 - 12 of 12 Posts