Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon everyone :D
Iv comeacross something called repti-carpet which i know some of you use but how good it is?
How easy is it to clean?
and is it better than wood chippings (omnes they keep snakes on)?

I dont have any geckos yet but want to explore everything before i get them, would like to try and get off to a good start and really want them to have the best

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I use repti carpet for my geckos.. don't think I'd use it for snakes though..

Its easy to clean to ideal for geckos but my snakes like to burrow and hide under the substrate which they couldn't do on repti carpet. I also think a large snake turd on repti carpet would be difficult to get off if it sunk into the carpet.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
i have a question to :p

how much do you think it would cost for a peice to fit a

2 x 1 x1 viv?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
take a look at cornish crispa to get an idea
i saw a bit 35x15 for £20 but you get two pieces in a pack, so one in the tank one being washed was what i thought

just checked for you it would be about £9 + p&p

·
Registered
191 Posts
I only use repti-carpet (or ZooMed Cage Carpet) for my agamids. They manage really well on it, it looks good, is dead easy to clean & sort out, bugs can't burrow & hide in it (so our lazy BD can catch her dinner), it's easy to disinfect. Poo scrapes off so it doesn't need washing more than once a week, tops.
Major drawback for agamids, claws grow long on carpet. I can cope with clipping, though.
NO chance of impacting thru eating substrate: BD tried it and failed to raise a nap on it enough to eat any.
If you buy some, they come in packs of 2 so you always have a clean one.
When you get it, wash it before cutting it, cos it shrinks a little when you wash it.
I put mine in the washer on a wool wash & dry it on the line/on a radiator.
Works for me, that's all I can say. Will NEVER use another substrate for my agamids. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts