Reptile Forums banner

Repti-world ?.

1K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  kitschyduck 
#1 · (Edited)
Repti-world - please help

Hiya, sorry if this is in the wrong area but I didn't know where else to post it and I'm really worried

Just over a week ago I posted a 'shopping list' of stuff I needed for my Rankins Dragon Viv, it was various bits and bobs, anyway a user called Repti World got in touch and said they could sort me the lot for £60 so I thought :2thumb:, seemed reasonable for second hand goods

He only accepted bank transfer so I paid that way and he said he'd post it off, that was a week ago and I've heard nothing since :sad:. I've pm'd him and emailed him so now I'm trying a public appeal, please can you let me know have you posted my goods and if so when ? £60 might not seem a lot to you but it is to me.

Has anyone else has goods off 'Repti World'

Please get in touch, I'm desperate, I've got my dragon reserved and can't afford to lay out another load of money to get a stat etc that I've already paid for

Heather

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I've never seen or heard of that user before. But I searched his name and he seemed to have posted a few times in the snake section, so it might be worth putting this thread up in there too.

Sorry I can't be of more help

#6 ·
I hope you sort this out very quick but it seems a man hunt may be needed lol in the mean time I have a spare viv lock you can have for free as it only cost me 50 p and I will soon have a basking bulb lamp holder dome thing (unsure of make) which a exoterra clamp holds and a Arcadia starter unit but those to won't be until the end of the month. If you need a viv lock pm your address and I'll stick it in the post on Tuesday with next day delivery
Good luck

#8 ·
Don't do I don't use it. It doesn't fit my viv and I baught it to stop my niece opening the viv for my beardies and she doesn't cus she is scared to death of them lol shes only 3 bless her. My sister actual tells her I'll out them in her hair if she doesn't behave which doesn't help. I have a evil sister lol

#9 ·
I hope it gets sorted soon, and that you get the good news that the items are on their way! If I see him around on the forum or notice that he's been online or anything I'll let you know!

#11 ·
i hope its all sorted ill keep looking for him to i hate people like that. if there is nothing herd soon i would contact your bank and the police. its theft and fraud all in one and with his username they will be able to trace his IP address and track him down. police are usefull sometimes lol

#14 ·
Thanks everyone, your kind thoughts renews my faith a bit. I've already contacted my bank and there is nothing they can do unfortunately to get the money back. I spoke to a friend who is ex police who said there isn't much they would do for £60 :sad: and it's a heck of a process, but I'll give it some thought

#15 ·
If you've paid via debit or credit card your bank should be able to "recall" any amount of funds, if you have paid for goods you never received, its abit of a pain & they need you to complete transaction detail paperwork but I got back (about) £30 on a TV wall bracket I never received

#17 ·
Thanks again everyone for your support, if the stuff doesn't arrive by Monday evening I've decided I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the stuff from Swell reptile or Surrey Pet supplies. My dragon is going to arrive in a couple of weeks and with working as well it takes me that long to get the temperatures set up and right :lol2:, I always have dramas with temperatures and stats

How long would you give it until I go to the police? I paid this guy on the evening of the 2nd and he confirmed he had got the money on the morning of the 3rd and said would post that day, then everything went silent :sad:

My bank has got back to me again and said nothing they can do, go to the police, that the police probably won't get my money back but they will try and stop it happening to others. They have explained why (consumer credit act blah blah blah) so maybe if one good thing can come of this it can be that we've all learnt DON'T PAY BY BANK TRANSFER :bash:

#18 ·
Just a quick brief update as I had so many kind words, it's now been 4 weeks and sadly despite many tries, still no goods or communication. I've now given up :(

Thanks everyone for kind thoughts and offers of help, Please learn from my experience , bank transfers are not safe

#19 ·
Could he have possibly...Passed away? :/ Though it seems more likely the money was stolen, it's possible...

#21 ·
Mind you, judging by the tight rules on the snail forums I used to frequent, it seems to happen a lot to them (of all places!). So sorry this happened to you :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.