Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do your reps react to seeing each other?

Today I rehoused two of my leos and they'e now sitting right next to my beardy at a right angle so they can see eachother (Not intentional, just pressed for space where I am, moving soon though and will have a rep room:2thumb:) Since doing this my beardy won't stop looking at them! He won't eat either and he's not happy about being handled...It's as if he sulking about the whole change (which I know beardies do) wasn't expecting this though lol I managed to hand feed a few crickets but he's more interested in looking at his new neighbours! lol

Just wondering how other peoples pets react to each other, any species???: victory:

·
Registered
567 Posts
How do your reps react to seeing each other?

Today I rehoused two of my leos and they'e now sitting right next to my beardy at a right angle so they can see eachother (Not intentional, just pressed for space where I am, moving soon though and will have a rep room:2thumb:) Since doing this my beardy won't stop looking at them! He won't eat either and he's not happy about being handled...It's as if he sulking about the whole change (which I know beardies do) wasn't expecting this though lol I managed to hand feed a few crickets but he's more interested in looking at his new neighbours! lol

Just wondering how other peoples pets react to each other, any species???: victory:
Lol, yeah they really do, my beardie always stares at my monitors there opposite each other. I do feel bad sometimes, if i get out a monitor the beardie sits and watches.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
must admit my beardie aint that keen on seeing others he spotted my leo one day when he was on my shoulders and went nuts bobbing up and down(its the only time iv seen him head bob) then the other day i had him running about the floor and i picked him up and he had fluff on his belly so obviously not thinking where i was in the room i lifed him a bit higher and he saw his reflection in the mirror and went ape tried to jump and scratched the crap out of me in the process

poor wee bugger :lol2:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
i try not to let me reps see each other if possible.my beardie went on hunger strike when i put a faunarium on top of her viv with a crestie in it.it was only there a week whilst i rearranged the room but she didnt eat for the week.she did the same again when the leos went on her viv in a rub whilst we were waiting for the viv to be delivered.
she couldnt see them but she wasnt happy bless her

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the replies so far are about beardies and I'm thinking they are (as a species) rather sensitive to change...? As my Leos couldn't give two s**ts about the beardy!

Any other species reactions to eachother, people have observed?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
All the replies so far are about beardies and I'm thinking they are (as a species) rather sensitive to change...? As my Leos couldn't give two s**ts about the beardy!

Any other species reactions to eachother, people have observed?
My Ackie monitor wanted to eat my two baby crestie when she saw them :whistling2:
Glass dancing and pretty eager to have an expensive meal lol
On the other hand, when she saw my dog she went up on her back legs using her tail to balance and watched her! was pretty cool and cute lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Our beardies torment our dogs!!
The male beardie who is on top of the Girls!!! was well pleased when we put the fish tank on the opposite side of the room. He was bobbing his head like a good en because he could see the girls downstairs in the reflection :lol2:

·
Banned
756 Posts
i have my tokay right next to my snake, both in glass exo terras so they must be able to spot each other every now and again. ive never seen either of them react in a strange way because of this though. however they have been nextdoor to each other for over a year, my tokay is very calm and my snake doesnt really care about anything but mice so maybe theyve just got used to each other. either that or it all kicks off at night wen im asleep.

:snake: "oi spotty wot u lookin at?
:Na_Na_Na_Na: "lets have it then u bendy orange bugger"

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have my tokay right next to my snake, both in glass exo terras so they must be able to spot each other every now and again. ive never seen either of them react in a strange way because of this though. however they have been nextdoor to each other for over a year, my tokay is very calm and my snake doesnt really care about anything but mice so maybe theyve just got used to each other. either that or it all kicks off at night wen im asleep.

:snake: "oi spotty wot u lookin at?
:Na_Na_Na_Na: "lets have it then u bendy orange bugger"
haha yeah that is a valid point however...I've taken to watching my leos at night and how they react to eachother,unlike how they would during the day. Not the beardy of course...He's spark out! lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have one incredibly chilled out Beardie- is happy to just sit or wander for hours, doesn't care what's going on around him. Been out and about with cats and the tortoise around pays them no mind. Even other Beardies don't faze him.

I have one not-quite-so-chilled :p He flips if he catches even the slightest glance of his brother (above description) with full back beard and bobbing. He tries to eat the two baby beardies through their glass if I walk past them with him on my shoulder, and the same for my brother's leo. He even tries to eat the tort if he notices it move!

My brother's leo is incredibly inquisitive of anything that goes near it. Even when the BD's trying to eat it through the glass it just looks up, intrigued. Not even a little scared!

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
I've taken to watching my leos at night and how they react to eachother,unlike how they would during the day.
lol have spent many an hour sat through the night watching my lot ~ handy tip..... small room/desk lamp with red bulb, flask of coffee, biscuits and a nice comfy seat/cushion to sit on......... oh and something sturdy to help you get up when your legs go past the point of stiff :lol2:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol have spent many an hour sat through the night watching my lot ~ handy tip..... small room/desk lamp with red bulb, flask of coffee, biscuits and a nice comfy seat/cushion to sit on......... oh and something sturdy to help you get up when your legs go past the point of stiff :lol2:
Hmm don't tempt me! I'll never sleep again! lol

But seriously I have done in the past and I've heard people say that leo's are boring compared to other reptiles and not as interesting...
Pff try giving them a large/mentally stimulating environment and watch them through the night! They don't stop moving! Covering every square inch of their enclosure hunting for prey or just exploring, until the sunlight bursts through the curtains then they curl up under something and go to sleep, like clockwork...Amazing:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
hey, it may be just beardies lol my water dragon n leos are not bothered with each other they are quite friendly towards each other lol the leos have more agression for each other than for the water dragon lmao the water dragon also dusnt get bothered by seeing the snake. The snake dnt see the otha reps up close for obvioous reasons so i wouldnt no about her :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts