Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd post up some pics of my newly finished rep room.Its only small but just how i wanted it.Everything from electrics to plastering I have done it all myself.Now for some pictures.

First up is after I'd fitted the electrics and framework and insulation.50mm insulation walls and ceiling,25mm insulation on the floor.5x double plug sockets,lighting and thermostat wiring.

Next up are the pictures from when the 9.5mm plaster board was fitted and i'd added 2 coats of finish.Also put down 18mm plywood on the floor.

Also fitted a new door and window with planitherm heat reflective glass.

And lastly the room finally finished ceiling and walls painted,sockets and vents fitted and flooring down.Oh and skirting fitted and painted.

Also fitted a drayton fully programmable room stat linked to a heater on the opposite side of the room,these are awesome as they work just like a pulse stat so really energy efficient.(highly recommended)

Let me know what you think.I'll put up some more snaps when all the reps have moved in.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Jealousies definitely kicking in!! Looks great, what a lovely area :) May I ask if you're a builder or tradesman, or just, like me, a DIY demi-god!?

Dave

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jealousies definitely kicking in!! Looks great, what a lovely area :) May I ask if you're a builder or tradesman, or just, like me, a DIY demi-god!?

Dave
cheers buddy.Iam just an avid foyer

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick picture, started moving some of the cresties in today.:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job :no1: Every home should have one :2thumb:
Yeah I know everyone should have one I agree there awesome.:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks superb - great job :2thumb:
Cheers pal.It took a bit of doing but well worth it for the finished result.:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers mate.it's been done in an extension on the side of the house.:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The room is excellent at holding heat, and also because the insulation is foil wrapped both sides it won't over heat if by a miracle Iggy gets really hot this summer.:2thumb:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts