Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here built a purpose built rep room? (outside)

I'm planning to get my Dad to get someone to build me one for Xmas.

How much did you people pay? (Yes i know i can get quotes from builders, but just wondering what people on here paid).

I guess I'm looking for a layout of about 6m x 5m.

Any pics would be cool!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I have, had quotes for around £1600-2000, decided to make my own and it's probably cost about that but it's customised to exactly the way I want it.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have, had quotes for around £1600-2000, decided to make my own and it's probably cost about that but it's customised to exactly the way I want it.
Oh that's pretty good actually. What size was the quote for?

Yeah that's cool, i wouldn't be able to build anything for :censor:lol. All i was is the shell, and il do the inside myself. I guess you've put plumbing in for the heating for winter?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
20' x 10', I have a conservatory heater (electric) which has a thermostat, the insulation makes a big difference, spend more on that and it will cost you less in the long run.

Oil filled heater can be cheaper but the better insulation means the heater's hardly ever on.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20' x 10', I have a conservatory heater (electric) which has a thermostat, the insulation makes a big difference, spend more on that and it will cost you less in the long run.

Oil filled heater can be cheaper but the better insulation means the heater's hardly ever on.
Ah yeah, would be easier that way. Cheers mate :2thumb:

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
looking into this as weve just had a big row about my snakes looking at concrete sheds as build looking at around 1k for 14x10 but these are fully sealed even around roof area line em put a oil filled radiator in and probably be better than the house lol
will then plan to move 6 vivs in and racks hoping for next year sometime

·
Registered
301 Posts
I done mine at the beginning of the year, 10x10 shed cost £2500 that was for everything from the ground up, kingspan insulation all the timber, wiring that cost the best part of £500 its self, and all the vivs built. believe it or not I'm running more vivs in the shed than I had in my rep room in the house and am saving a load on electricity.don't skimp on insulation you will save long term highly recommend kingspan 60 mm+ have a look at my shed build album might give you some ideas.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I done mine at the beginning of the year, 10x10 shed cost £2500 that was for everything from the ground up, kingspan insulation all the timber, wiring that cost the best part of £500 its self, and all the vivs built. believe it or not I'm running more vivs in the shed than I had in my rep room in the house and am saving a load on electricity.don't skimp on insulation you will save long term highly recommend kingspan 60 mm+ have a look at my shed build album might give you some ideas.
Cheers mate will check it out now.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look's good, i like the viv's look smart.

I will probs go for brick, as it will pretty much be an extension from my garage...(Or ask my Dad for half the garage as it's pretty long lol).

But guess i better get a couple of builders round for a quote and see what they say. Electrics wise i'm ok got a best mate whose a Electrician, and one whose a Carpenter so they should be able to bring the cost's down..Hopefully. lol.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looking into this as weve just had a big row about my snakes looking at concrete sheds as build looking at around 1k for 14x10 but these are fully sealed even around roof area line em put a oil filled radiator in and probably be better than the house lol
will then plan to move 6 vivs in and racks hoping for next year sometime
Lol. Not bad, but is having something built out of brick much more expensive?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts