Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a room in my house and I will have a portable heater in it. Then I will place shelves on the walls and place containers on them to house different species of exotic pets.

I am doing all this so I dont have hundreds of wires going in every direction towards electric sockets and I could be overloading these sockets. This means I can concentrate on the humidity for the animals and not heating and humidity.

Does any one have a room like this because I want some tips.

Thank You.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Sorry If im not understanding what you are saying but do you mean you wont be using any heating devices in the vivs and just relying on the room heater? :?

How will you create a warm end cool end and basking spots?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i think its safe to say that that idea wont work :p

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
tombraider said:
Sorry If im not understanding what you are saying but do you mean you wont be using any heating devices in the vivs and just relying on the room heater? :?

How will you create a warm end cool end and basking spots?
also how would you keep a variety of reps with different temp requirements, you couldnt keep a Royal at the same temp as a Beardy.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
if u dont want the responsibility of keeping ur wires organised then i dont think u should take on a variety of pets just yet

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
yeah that really ain't gonna work!
reptile rooms are usually rooms set aside for reptile vivs..this includes heating and lighting (in the viv) set for each species particular requirements..

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
if you dont buy cheap and nasty sockets and go for better ones you wont have to worry about overloading them
get rid of that idea its not going to work

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
get the power surge controlling extensions, much more safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts