Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know any reptile shops in birmingham i only know 3 only 1 is by me the other 2 are quite far away ud think birmingham being how big it is there would be quite a few but i don't see none around just wondering does anyone know of any the 1 i normally go to is birmingham reptile and pets.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Lots of 'pet' shops have a reptile area but they are all lacking badly on decent keeping skills so none I would recommend.
Scales and Tails in Leicester is a great shop, Shirley aquatics in Shirley has a great reptile area run by one of the members on here, Shirley aquatics @ Blooms of Bressingham has a fair reptile area, apart from that it's a case of bump into a rep area when you are browsing pet shops :)

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Birmingham Reptile and pets, Slade road.. M6 junc 6.
World of Fish and pets, Cov Road, Sheldon.
Shirley Aquatics, Shirley.. Near big Tesco.

Also, hasn't Coventry Aquatics just opened a rep section? Not quite Brum but it's close..

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah coventry aquatics has set up a reptile section, its very nice and all the reptiles are looked after well, but there is not much choice, but they are planning to expand on it:)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah birmingham reptile and pets is a decent one but the prices are quite high compared to other shops ive got a king snake and a bearded dragon im looking to add a corn to my colection.how far is coventry aquatics from the town centre?what bus is it there?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Not been to Brum for a while but there used to be Kingshurst Reptiles, Penn exotics and a crackin little pet shop in Moseley with a good rep section at the back. :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Theres also a place in bilston, supposed to be a new one in sheldon but I couldn't spot it as I went past in the rush hour. And one out by Kinver somewhere.. And one in Studley thats just opened.

Birmingham pets and reptiles is a good one. I got my carpet from them :2thumb:

·
Registered
965 Posts
does anyone know any reptile shops in birmingham i only know 3 only 1 is by me the other 2 are quite far away ud think birmingham being how big it is there would be quite a few but i don't see none around just wondering does anyone know of any the 1 i normally go to is birmingham reptile and pets.
Theres loads of reptile shops around birmingham but as ime a villa fan an your a blues fan ime gona keep them secret :lol2:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Dannylatics visits one that has lots of venemous species, sure he said it had gaboon vipers and rattlesnakes last time he was in. Think he said its in Walsall, might be worth PM;ing him for the details incase he doesnt read this post because by the sounds of it its worth a visit.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Dannylatics visits one that has lots of venemous species, sure he said it had gaboon vipers and rattlesnakes last time he was in. Think he said its in Walsall, might be worth PM;ing him for the details incase he doesnt read this post because by the sounds of it its worth a visit.
Don't think there's a reptile shop in Walsall now, the last one shut down several years ago AFAIK.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Theres also a place in bilston, supposed to be a new one in sheldon but I couldn't spot it as I went past in the rush hour. And one out by Kinver somewhere.. And one in Studley thats just opened.

Birmingham pets and reptiles is a good one. I got my carpet from them :2thumb:
That one would be Walkers Aquatics and I really wouldn't recommend this place.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
the only one i've been to was on the main road from walsall into great barr. quite close to alexander stadium. i was very disappointed tho!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ingy thats harsh typical villa fan that is you just make me hate villa even more then i do now lol yeah im going to check this one out down sheldon see what its like i think birmingham reptile and pets are good but seem 2 be quite stuck up plus there prices r quite high compared to other shops but then again they take there reptiles serious atleast you know if you get from there your reptile is going to be healtly ive had a gecko and a corn from there and had no problems

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Jarassic Park in Brownhills Walsall. Last time I was in it had a black mamba, gaboon viper which is the shop pet, green and yellow anaconda, java retics and burms, easternback rattlesnake which was massive and others. The shop is only small but has quite a lot of snakes ,a lot of tubs such as false water cobras etc and it is very cheap. The blokes who own it are dead sound as well and will let you hold any of the snakes - obviously not the gabon viper and rattle snake.

·
Registered
556 Posts
shirley aquatics is great, ive got all my reptiles from there and there are now new staff and they have moved the reptile department around.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
the only one i've been to was on the main road from walsall into great barr. quite close to alexander stadium. i was very disappointed tho!
how long ago was it that you went ther?, it has changed owners a few times, the shop is of a high standard now i use it weekley for mice and stuff, and am always in there talking to tom and the other staff, full of useful advice and all friendly, lots of stock and lots of variety, probably the best shop in birmingham id say now, but only other one ive been is birmingham reptiles and pets (thats were i got my paraguayan from) and the shop is abit poo tbf, and rather small! also i cant stand the woman in there.

buti would deffinately recomend:

the reptile shop
552 walsall road,

great barr
birmingham
B42 1LR
TEL: 0121 244 6515

15 minute bus journey from the town centre mate, just hop onto the 52 or the 51 and get off at the walsall road, is just before you get to the co-op supermarket

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im going to go down great barr tomorrow i think whats the prices for medium mice and small rat weaners if you know could you let me know cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts