Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reccomend a decent reptile shop in the yorkshire area, preferably Hull or surrounding areas. Any comment would be appreciated.
im new to the area and havnt found anywhere.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Check in general herp chat.. there is a sticky topic in there which lists good shops.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta mate but i was kinda hopin for a bit more in depth info on particiular shops in the area and what they are like in the nicest possible way. For gods sake jim im a doctor not a pool man.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
magicpants said:
Ta mate but i was kinda hopin for a bit more in depth info on particiular shops in the area and what they are like in the nicest possible way. For gods sake jim im a doctor not a pool man.
Whats that all about :?

Yorks area... the two main ones are Leaping Lizards in York and Snakes n Adders in Leeds. Both have very good reputations and I have bought several things from the guys at Leaping Lizards, all of which were cracking animals.

I think charles's stock is a little on the expensive side but then thats shop prices for you! Bit the same everywhere after overheads etc. His stuff is good though and he has a large selection.

Through personal experience I would recommend LL as I havent bought from Charles. If you want to know anymore just PM but i cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
magicpants said:
Can anyone reccomend a decent reptile shop in the yorkshire area, preferably Hull or surrounding areas. Any comment would be appreciated.
PM andyj5447 I think he might know off a good one or two in yorkshire area.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
i know about all the ones in the hull area if you want to Pm me i will be happy to answer any questions you have about the... and would highly recommend leaping lizards and snakes and adders there both quality shops!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
fazer600sy said:
magicpants said:
PM andyj5447 I think he might know off a good one or two in yorkshire area.
Andy used to work at Leaping lizards, so i think he'll be recommending them :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hull Pets and Gardens on Bev Rd in Hull are quite good. Very cheap too! There is another one down the same road which I wont name but would advise you NOT to use unless you dont mind buying ill reptiles (Speaking from personal experience having bought a very ill reptile from them which died!)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
leaping lizards is very very good, two of my boas have come from them! very friendly and helpful, andy the owner knows his stuff and has some nice specimens in ;-) and the collection is growing all the time!

ive also dealt with snakes and adders, thats where my third boa came from, once again never had any problems with her and the price i paid for her was very reasonable!

both shops are good but offer different morphs and species so not alot of the stock is duplicated! it all depends on what you are after but due to having more experience with leaping lizards i would have to recommend them over snakes n adders

·
Registered
78 Posts
Snakes n adders in leeds every time, all my snakes have come from there, really good reputation and really easy to get on with, always willing to help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hull Pets and Gardens on Bev Rd in Hull are quite good. Very cheap too! There is another one down the same road which I wont name but would advise you NOT to use unless you dont mind buying ill reptiles (Speaking from personal experience having bought a very ill reptile from them which died!)
i agree , HPG is probs the best 1 in the city and the other 1 on the same road is the WORST by far! probs just not in the city .... .
What ill reptile did u get from there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts