Reptile Forums banner

Reptiles taking over house

1K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Meko 
#1 ·
As we all know keeping reptiles can become quite addictive but where do we find the room to keep them all???
My living room is slowly being taking over by reptiles, i would love a Iguana but the only place i could house it would be in my bedroom it's the only spare space lol.
How many of you are giving up your living space for your scaly friends.

#2 ·
All of the reptiles/arachnids live in my bed room. A couple used to live in the study but I brought them through, kind of regret that move now that I'm running out of space.
The frogs live in the living room, and the fish live outside. So yeah... Mainly the bedroom here.

Reactions: sunnysideup
#3 ·
Most of mine are in the living room but I have two corn snakes in the bedroom and 2 carpet pythons on the dining table :blush:
Thinking of moving them into tidier looking matching vivs and relocating them to the bedroom, (except for the Water dragon who would miss the compny too much) Then I can make space for... for... errr... more?

#7 ·
I've got the beardie, crestie and all the turtle tanks in my bedroom, Iguana lives in the living room (Until he needs a bigger home) and the water dragons are out in the conservatory.. I'm officially out of room... (Okay maybe not.. I can stack another on the desk) :D

#8 ·
Me and OH are really struggling for space, we want more reptiles but we just don't have the space- we've already thought about asking our 2 boys to move out, but at 3 and 18 months i feel they maybe a bit young to fend for themselves :lol2:

Our Beardie and Gecko are in the spare room/toy room and when OH gets his snake that will be in our bedroom

#14 ·
All of mine are in my bedroom:)

#16 ·
not much room left in the house at all , need to get the new shed build on the go :2thumb:

#18 ·
The PC Screen lights my room enough, without disturbing the sleepers! :)

#19 ·
iv given up a 3 bedroom house as i gave one bedroom to my nile, my bedroom has 2 boscs which take up about a quarter of the room the other side has a 5ft viv with a beardie. so all of my clothes are stored in the other bedroom. Then my front room has a tegu( another big viv) and a young boa which needs a bigger home soon. i wouldnt change it for the world. Any house of mine in the future will not be complete without reptiles.

#22 ·
I have a double bedroom, all for my reptiles! 9 vivs! 14 lizards...and counting ;)

#25 ·
4 vivs in the front room, 10vivs and a rub rack in our bedroom, 2 vivs in the kids rooms. We did think about making the kids share and using the small bedroom as a rep room but funnily enough our 7 year old daughter wasn't impressed with idea of sharing with her 5 year old brother :lol2: You can fit loads of vivs in if you stack them on top of each other and get a step ladder :whistling2:

#26 ·
I have my beardie in the lounge, my vivs in the study, smallest room in the house started to get crowded so I'm not turning the guest bedroom into the reptile room much more space for the little ones and hopefully more soon lol. and then I have 3ft viv in bedroom for my corn. My o/h is as crazy as me and we can always find a little bit more room. Worst thing is all he feeding and nightly misting. You gotta be crazy but I love them all.

#27 ·
I've got my crestie viv in the lounge along with two fish tanks and the snake and hedgehog upstairs. Although with a three bedroomed house just for me, I don't have to worry too much..... just nothing in the bedroom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.