Reptile Forums banner

Rescue Yellow Anaconda.

2K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  Hammer Man 
#1 ·
Well I have managed to take a few pics of the yellow anaconda last night that I got from Simonc. He has one and I now have the other. Top bloke drove miles to rescue them. Anyway, when I went to pick it up from him it bit him while he was showing me it which made me a bit nervous of taking it home! But I went ahead with it anyway, and I am pleased that I did. It really is a lovely snake despite the fact it bites without warning! (Yes it got me too when I got it home!) I have to put on gloves and my jacket when I handle it but I am hoping that with regular handling I will one day be able to do it without gloves! (Will still use the hook though!)

Anyway, he is in shed so a bit dark and the pics aren't the best quality I'm affraid but just to give you an idea before i can get some decent ones! Hope you like him!

See less See more
#3 ·
nice pics jimmy!!
The other one has now been handled 3 times in a row without biting so its definatly improving,i hope with the time and effort yours will too!!
hopefully when it's shed it should improve too!!
Next job is to try with only one glove ..... im not looking foward to that!
I foresee more blood loss for me!
Despite this i think they are a fantastic snake to keep,just so different from the norm!

#5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. You should see it in the scales nicky! The pictures do it no justice whatsoever! Its stunning! And a very interesting snake too... I will certainly be keeping you up to date with how we get on! And Simon, I'm not looking forward to trying without a glove either!! Think I will keep both gloves on for a week or so!! :lol:

#8 ·
Very nice Jimmy... is he that hard to take care of?

#9 ·
I used to have a couple of these. They were fine most of the time, then for no reason would just turn round and munch on you. Great snakes :lol: glad to see this one has a nice home :lol: :lol:

#11 ·
reticulatus said:
Big girls the pair of ya!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gloves and a jacket for what looks like less than 5 foot worth of snake.

There'll be pics of people with gloves on while handling corns next, you mark my words!! :lol: :lol:

Big girl or not, I'm keeping my gloves on for a while! lol

Timmykins said:
Very nice Jimmy... is he that hard to take care of?
Thanks Tim, I wouldn't say he is 'hard' to take care of but experience with big snakes is definately a must! Although he is not that big at the moment it would help to have the experience in handling them. 8)

scarlettvegetable said:
I used to have a couple of these. They were fine most of the time, then for no reason would just turn round and munch on you. Great snakes glad to see this one has a nice home
Thanks :lol: They do seem to like a good chew don't they! lol

Tracey said:
beautiful snake! wheres a pic of the other one simonc?!?!

You do look different in nearly every pic hammy!
Thanks Tracey! And yes, people keep telling me I look different in every photo! I think you are the only one that has seen my wedding photo though, oh and nige has seen it! I look REALLY different in that one! lol

Thanks to everyone for their comments/questions :lol: :lol: 8)

#12 ·
reticulatus said:
Big girls the pair of ya!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gloves and a jacket for what looks like less than 5 foot worth of snake.

There'll be pics of people with gloves on while handling corns next, you mark my words!! :lol: :lol:
lol Cheeky git! I have to wear gloves when i hold mmy corn at the moment she is bloody nuts!

How Beautiful is Alfie!

#20 ·
awe bless lol
Still does look like your totally taken with her. (her him?)

God I don't wear gloves with my bitch of a cali king (i love her to bits tho lol) and she goes to bite everytime then musks all over you. And she hates men so stikes out at them if they walk past her. She bites me she bites me lol improves my reaction time. that and it's not that bad being biten by snakes compared to the pain of being bitten repeatedly by a syrian hamster! lol

#23 ·
Thanks for answering that for me simon! And Pimperella, I invite you round to handle him without gloves anytime you want!!! lmao! I have owned a few kings in my time and been bitten by them no end of times (which is most likely the reason I dont like them much!) but I can tell you they are NOTHING compaired to this!

Check your PM in a bit Simon, I just had Alfie out and wanna ask you something... I think he hates me! lol Just give me a minute or two to type it to you! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.