Reptile Forums banner

Would you be willing to PM me a name and address in the future?

• Yes! I would, knowing no personal infomation would be shown in the report

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No, I wouldn't be willing to submit my address

Votes: 4 20.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am a vet student in london. For our second year we have to do a research report, where we research somethig that interests us to write up a scientific report.

Well, I was wondering whether people on this forum might be willing to give me their name and address via PM so that I could send them a questionaire?

NOTE: I dont actually want them now! This is just a poll asking whether people might be willing to give me them sometime next year... ...if I can do this for my research report.

I was thinking of looking at people keeping corn snakes, and asking for the min/max and ambient temp and humidity, size of encolsure, snake age/size etc, and seeing if there is a correlation with incidence of respiratory infection (which I am sure there is!).

Well, thanks for looking!

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Wouldn't bother me giving out a name/address for a research questionairre... but I've kept and bred corn snakes for 10 years (currently have over 80) and I've never yet had a corn with a respiratory infection.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
This is the digital age, does it have to be paper based and mailed through the post when it could be emailed to far more people for free?

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the digital age, does it have to be paper based and mailed through the post when it could be emailed to far more people for free?
Yeh, I thought that. I would prefer to do that, but I dont think that the college would accept that as a proper form of data collection. If they would, then I would be happy to do that, but for now, I am assuming they will not, and are thereofore asking about sending to an address.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
as someone who works in market research - online data collection is a tool we use a lot, and as long as you track the work, i would argue that it would be perfectly acceptable.. ask them and see, you never know..

N

Yeh, I thought that. I would prefer to do that, but I dont think that the college would accept that as a proper form of data collection. If they would, then I would be happy to do that, but for now, I am assuming they will not, and are thereofore asking about sending to an address.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yes, I would be willing to participate, whether by electronic means or by paper questionnaire.

As with Athravan, I have never had a corn with an RI. I think you find a higher rate of RI's amongst keepers of boids.

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you find a higher rate of RI's amongst keepers of boids.
Really? OK then, I think I might lean towards that side. I only thought corns because they were more commonly kept. Well, I guess the same goes for that then: would people be willing for me to send them a questionnaire about either corns or boids!

·
Registered
125 Posts
id be more than happy to help and at this point am currently nursing a young corn with ri:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
i dont see any problem with helping you with your questionaire

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I would last year had to take my Boa to the vet with one, also lost a ribbon snake to one sadly :(

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I'd like to help by answering the questionaire, but I'd much prefer it to be done though email, or post a PDF and people can post/fax it back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts