Just wanting some help,

what are the main symptoms of an RI

and what is the best way to sure the infection

kind regards

thomas

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
im treating mine with baytril each day til the medication runs out.
vets sorted that out for me for less than £11 including extra vial of medication and a consultation.
dunno what average is, but only yesterday someone mentioned they paid £150 to sort out an RI with their snake

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
just wondering...can a vet prescribe the stuff needed for an RI without actually seeing the snake?

just a random thought, as an RI is pretty obvious, and if I had an incident with it I wouldn't want to pay out around £25 just for them to say, oo, it's got an RI.

sorry to hijack lol, anyhoo

to the OP: I've never dealt with it but signs are generally, bubbling/mucus around the mouth and wheezing.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no they need to see the snake to weigh it so they can prescribe the right volume on baytril

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
my royals on its last legs with an r.i. although ive been to vets lots , tried courses of fortum and then amikin antibiotics, been nebulising with f10 for ages, been putting "critical care" in his water, theyve said his conditions are good. vet even mentioned euthenasia last night :-(
doing a couple more doses of amikin whilst waiting for swab results, and daily flushing of mouth with weak iodine and TUBING him and putting water and "critical care" down him. last night was first time for that stuff but he looked nearly dead this moring so might give him a break tonight :-(

sorry, so my point is that if i was you and think he has got one then id get to vets quick and catch asap and maybe have a nebuliser in stock just in case

1 - 7 of 7 Posts