Reptile Forums banner

Retic Tattoos

865 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  jonnymoose 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has any Retic Tattoos? I'm thinking of going for a basic outline of the body, as they have a distinct headshape and go for a very basic back pattern, ive already gone for a realistic/slightly cartoonish looking Nile Monitor but fancy getting a snake type one in the future, i know what i want in my head but am finding it hard to draw out.

#2 ·
#18 ·
I am another who can vouch for Joe first hand he has done 3 sittings on me and the work has healed up great.

I have no snakes yet though and to be honest i don't know if i will perhaps when he finishes my sleeve and i get some lazered off of my other arm i may choose snakes as my concept for my second sleeve but to be fair his portraits of the mildly twisted nature speak for themselves.

#5 ·
i think youre right cpt bj (if that IS your real name!?), theres probably better men for the job than me. If its realism you want, then Im game, but tribal/cartoony, well, thats a different kettle of fish. Good luck with it.
and thanks for the recommendations guys, big up yo'selves: victory:

#8 ·
I'm kinda with these guys, in my opinion (as far as snake tattoos go) You either go with traditional, non-specific generic snake, or you go all out detailed portrait style (like Inkyjoes work). I think anywhere in between just ends up looking like a poorly executed portrait. Even a lot of the try-hard portraits I've seen have, again in my opinion, looked like a fail. That's where I think finding a tattooist who has a love for snakes, is a win.

#11 ·
maybe. so long as the artist has a clear idea where hes goin with it, and makes it look like a stylized retic, and not a portrait, AND of course executes it well, technically, then theres no reason it shouldnt be a nice tattoo: victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.