Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello me again........ would any snake be all right on news paper as bedding or can i use the bark bedding i have all ready after i treat it with frontline or just get rid of it. Its just the bedding cost me a few pounds as it took 6. 7 litre bags to fill the vivs as they are very big vivs its a sin to waste so much money or would i be better sticking to news paper.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
You probably could use it again but I personally wouldnt risk it... you may have to go through the whole treatment again.

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
is there a history of mites with the bedding if so dont re-use.

Personally I use Auboise which is £8 a bale and available from farm supply shops.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Fazer have you got a lsit of the supply shops as I was looking for some a while ago and didnt come across any...

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Stick it in the oven in a metal tray for 30 mins at about 220-250C, should kill anything and everything in it. Either that or if you have access to a pressure cooker, stick it in their for 20-30 mins on full pressure.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Cheers mate.. will do that and get me some cheap substrate.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
fazer600sy said:
is there a history of mites with the bedding if so dont re-use.

Personally I use Auboise which is £8 a bale and available from farm supply shops.
So whats this Auboise look like then :?:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Its dust extracted hay kind of stuff... used for stables etc.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Is it any good for BOIDS as I use £22 a month of forrest bark.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks I will get some and give it ago I tried bobmartin catlitter on someone elses advice and found it was too light and pilled up around the edges.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Try using prevent-a-mite. Mine has just arrived from the US (only took a week), and you dont have to change the substrate at all. Just move out the reps and water, spray as directed and put reps and water back when its all dry.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
got to say id rather be safe than soryr and chuck it all out...rather than that than risk 1 pesky lil mite survivin then havi to start treatments all over again

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Aubiose is a hemp bedding cut short like aspen, it acts very similarly to aspen but is much cheaper. It is also dust extracted and highly absorbant.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts