Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new addition to our Collection of Asian & European Rat Snakes.

We do tend to specialize with our breeding groups of E. mandarina (Mandarin Rat Snake) - China locale; Vietnamese; Axanthic Vietnamese and 'Crazy Pattern' Vietnamese.

Additional to these are the E. conspicillatus (Japanese Forest Rat Snake).

We have, also, the O.p. coxi / O.p. laticinctus / O.p. pulcher and the Zamenis situla (Leopard Rat Snake).

However, I thought it would be a nice change to add a species that enjoyed being a little more visual and our first purchase of a sub-adult pair of R. prasinus have provided some youngsters.

Our first clutch from this calm species............

With a bit of luck we hope to establish these kids and increase the numbers in the breeding group.

Cheers. Lex

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This species are reported to feed on mice & lizards in the wild, so I'm hoping there's no need to scent Pinks as I'm not a lizard keeper!

Here is the obligatory photo of the first escape from the egg:

Lex

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Splendid!

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Eurgh - my particular favourite Rat. The only opportunity I ever had to purchase was in Terraristika in '06 or '07. Needless to say the one year I didn't bother to exchange much money as I was only "going for a look."

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eurgh - my particular favourite Rat. The only opportunity I ever had to purchase was in Terraristika in '06 or '07. Needless to say the one year I didn't bother to exchange much money as I was only "going for a look."
Yup, did that this year & although by end of day there were funds in the 'kitty' I missed out on purchasing a male O. p. pulcher. Too busy chatting......

Lex

1 - 13 of 13 Posts