Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they pretty much online only or are there any stockists?

Jungle Phase has Herpteks as display vivs but not seen any Rhinos in the flesh.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I know that Rhino only sell direct to the public,i havent used Herptek but i couldnt see me using anything but Rhinos to be honest!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I know that Rhino only sell direct to the public,i havent used Herptek but i couldnt see me using anything but Rhinos to be honest!
Isn't the guy a member on here who owns/runs that company?

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Yeah Alans username is Raptor1,he is a top bloke very approachable.They can pretty much make the vivs anyway you want to fit in any spaces etc.I thinking about getting one done for under the stairs in the fronmt room!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yeah Alans username is Raptor1,he is a top bloke very approachable.They can pretty much make the vivs anyway you want to fit in any spaces etc.I thinking about getting one done for under the stairs in the fronmt room!!!
How can you heat them? Is it only heat mat? Never used a plastic viv, look and sound very appealing

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I use heat matts in mine but i think if you ask he will but the fittings in for bulbs or whatever.
I keep boas,bloods and royals in mine and have noticed some real plus points.Because they keep the temps and humidity well the royal is shedding and feeding perfectly but the main plus is how easy they are to keep clean and hygenic.I also think that they look really smart!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I use heat matts in mine but i think if you ask he will but the fittings in for bulbs or whatever.
I keep boas,bloods and royals in mine and have noticed some real plus points.Because they keep the temps and humidity well the royal is shedding and feeding perfectly but the main plus is how easy they are to keep clean and hygenic.I also think that they look really smart!!!
I can imagine how the pro's out way the con's, sound very appealing.

Was always sceptical concerning using them though in-case they warped under certain temps.

I assume they are of a different build quality compared to a pennine (sp?)

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I can imagine how the pro's out way the con's, sound very appealing.

Was always sceptical concerning using them though in-case they warped under certain temps.

I assume they are of a different build quality compared to a pennine (sp?)
Totally different mate,they are made from polypropylene which can be heated to about 350 degrees i think with no ill effects.I havent experienced any problems with mine and fully expect them to out live my snakes!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Totally different mate,they are made from polypropylene which can be heated to about 350 degrees i think with no ill effects.I havent experienced any problems with mine and fully expect them to out live my snakes!!!
Sweet, yeah they look as though they are built to last.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
For the price difference it better had.

Are they too shallow in height to have lighting other than a UV tube?
I think a rhino viv would save you money in the long run as its quite likely that it wont need replacing!
With regards to the height you can have them made to different heights

1 - 13 of 13 Posts