been looking into these for a while now but i keep getting conflicting information, so if anyone who keeps them could clear some things up id be very gratefull. its a fairly long list, sorry :blush:
- is ribbon snake another name for a garter snake? i thought they where different species but a few sites have said there the same snake.
- how much water do they need access to? the info i can find ranges from 'there semi aqautic' to 'dont give them anything more than a small water bowl' plus everything in between.
- food wise, whats best? the number of different answers iv found for this question would take ages to type out...
- how big do they get?
- do they like to climb? if so do they appreciate more hight than floor space?
- do they do better in groups or alone? some sites say they do better in groups of 3 or above, some say its safer to keep them alone.
- is handling reccomended? im not fussed about handling personally, but again the range of conflicting information is big.
- for one snake (or, if there communal, however many the reccomended group size is) what size viv would i be looking at? iv got a spare 1.5ftL 1.5ftW by 1.3ftH viv but i assume thats too small?