Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to opt for a complete BD set up, but if I buy a baby BD will 4ft be to big and not find it's food? and if I bought a 3ft one, would it have the same problem, and how long would a 3ft one last?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Help Please?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure? I've heard a baby will get stressed and it will get lost, not nowhere to get food etc. Anyone else opinions, thanks for the ones above.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I've put babies straight into 4's without problems, but have also had some that have slowed down at first a bit because the viv's been pretty expansive for them to find food in. They were fine once I changed a couple of things in there for them.

There's no such thing as a viv that's "too big", but you can have one that's not set up well for babies. Keeping it simple, with minimal places for crickets to hide behind is crucial, as is thinking about how a baby's instincts work and setting up the viv to work to them. Partitioning it may make feeding easier for you, but there's no reason why you can't put one straight into a larger cage and use "work-arounds" to overcome problems...

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I put mine straight into a 4 foot viv too. BD's grow so quick partitioning isnt worth the bother

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hades, you being of closer to Manchester than me have you had any experience with Urmstone Aquatics, they seem to have a good set up for the BD at a reasonable price, and a good range of extra equipment that I am after also. Thanks

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I'm afraid I've never been there... I keep meaning to do a tour of local reptile shops, but haven't yet got round to it...

If you can build your own viv, it usually works out cheaper to do it that way and source your equipment from online shops etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.