Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly my lovely leopard gecko Ronnie finally gave up the long standing battle with recurring eye infections.

I am devestated, but in a way, also relived that he isn't in pain any more.

He'd been back and forth to the vets, on various antibiotics, and being hand (almost force) fed daily for nearly 6 months now he lost a lot of weight but was still his gorgeous self.

but this is how I will always remember my lovely Ronnie.

He will be greatly missed!
:(:(

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I know how you feel :(

I had a young leo with the extact same problem, sadly she only surived less than a month after getting the infection.

Sorry about your loss :cry:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know how you feel :(

I had a young leo with the extact same problem, sadly she only surived less than a month after getting the infection.

Sorry about your loss :cry:
Sorry about your little girl.

Did you ever find out what caused the initial infection? The vet had a couple of ideas but nothing definate.

I just want to make sure it never happens again.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Sorry about your little girl.

Did you ever find out what caused the initial infection? The vet had a couple of ideas but nothing definate.

I just want to make sure it never happens again.
Like a idiot I stupidly left the door open (by acident) and she got out. I found her 2 weeks later under the fridge, she was healthy a part from one eye! Long story cut short, the vet gave her the all clear and she died 4 days later, the PM showed the infection had spread throught out her body.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, thats really sad! :(
I think probably what happened with Ronnie is that he didn't shed fully, and left a tiny bit in the corner of one eye. Or he got a bit of dust into it which just got worse and worse.

I decided not to get a PM done as ultimately we kind of know the cause of death, maybe I made the wrong choice...

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Oh, thats really sad! :(
I think probably what happened with Ronnie is that he didn't shed fully, and left a tiny bit in the corner of one eye. Or he got a bit of dust into it which just got worse and worse.

I decided not to get a PM done as ultimately we kind of know the cause of death, maybe I made the wrong choice...
Well it's up to you, for peace of mind you should of but don't dwel on what you couldn't done and try to focus on now :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts