Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some might know i work at B&Q and recently we are being robbed blind. started about 9 weeks ago we noticed in the compound sheds were going missing. we started checking the cameras and noticed 2 people climbing our fences wich are 25ft tall. went quite for a week then they started again, now these must have to be trade men taking for an order as on camera they climbed over nicked a wheel barrow and took a pallet of slate chipping's, a bike shed and decking. obviously police started patrolling but never caught them. last week we saw a small child get out a car and climb the fence but the police just missed them. we thought all was good then today i do a fire exit check and one had no guaurd on it in the garden centre with a pair of bolt cutters left on the floor. altogether £1,875 was taken in stock last night. doesn't look like they are going to give up. but we are the ones loosing out.

·
Registered
38,264 Posts
theres some arseholes eh :(

·
Registered
825 Posts
i was working in a b&q the other day. a 15kg hatch from a heater was dropped from 20ft in the air..... :whistling2: but nothing was stolen! :)
random i know :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
get B&Q to get some dogs eg rotties or other normally scery dog lol use one of your ready built sheds as a kennel and let them roam around at night

like to see them go in then

the police might lend u a dog u never know

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
If its a kid or something, sneak up on them with a dog then rattle the fence.

Or sneak up on them then yell as loud as you can. " Get the f##k out of here!!!"

That should spook em'

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
how did they get out with a whole pallet of slate ? no way that could go bk over the wall ?

fire doors should not be locked ?

fire doors are alarmed ?

this on second thought does not seem viable :s

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how did they get out with a whole pallet of slate ? no way that could go bk over the wall ?

fire doors should not be locked ?

fire doors are alarmed ?

this on second thought does not seem viable :s
we cant lock fire exits throughout the day but we have been locking them at night ( only the compound fire exits) taking a chance as if someone breaks in and they ran into a problem and couldn't escape we would be:censor:. fire exits are alarmed ( except one ) but only sound if it breaks contact so if they removed all the mesh/ wiring from the fire exit they can enter without sounding alarm. as previously mentioned they were stealing our wheel barrow's and using these to load the stock on to it. you can see them faintly on the camera messin with the fence at the goods in end where moments later a van pulls up. on numerous occasions this van has pulled up but unfortunately we cant see registration as the camera will not focus as there is a bit of distance between the two. we know they have been going out through the compound fire exit and possibly cutting the fence at places but have not found any evidence of the fence being cut except on garden centre fire exit. altogether throughout this spell its looking around a few grand gone but there could be more: victory:

·
Registered
23,314 Posts
Electrocute the fence - that'll stop the buggers!!!

And no its not 'jippos' as said earlier as real gypsies are hard working honest folk and not thieving gits like this little lot.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
we have 2 guard dogs at night where i work, they look like german shepherds crossed with a bear its rediculus how big they are.

Razor wire and and a few thousand volts usually does the trick too :lol2:

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
My sister works at B&Q and some of the stuff she tells me just make me lol. Like someone nicked some of those 58p fireglow bulbs - only 1 pack though... they got caught haha
She despises wednesdays or as she calls it "coffin dodger day" - think it'll be the same for your B&Q but OAP's get discount on wednesdays and it drives her insane as they come out in force and annoy her. Although it makes me laugh when she comes in and tells me something amusing.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My sister works at B&Q and some of the stuff she tells me just make me lol. Like someone nicked some of those 58p fireglow bulbs - only 1 pack though... they got caught haha
She despises wednesdays or as she calls it "coffin dodger day" - think it'll be the same for your B&Q but OAP's get discount on wednesdays and it drives her insane as they come out in force and annoy her. Although it makes me laugh when she comes in and tells me something amusing.
:lol2: yep coffin dodger day, old people really are ignorant to young people. but regards all this being nicked its almost as bad as when we were getting about 6 £300 showers a week go missing. what B&Q does she work at? petty theft annoys me more because why nick something thats only 50p:whip:

·
Banned
105 Posts
b and q is easy any way take a trolley full out side to the garden centre get a mate on the other side of the fence and just throw it over then pay for a few shitty little bits why commit burgulary wen ya can get dun for shopplifting an get a fine im not a thief but thats wat id do

1 - 20 of 37 Posts