Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any Robo breeders in the Kent area? I have fallen in love with them and would like to get a couple.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just a pre warner... They are aggressive/home defensive... basically they wiggle their little tails, jump and bite all at the same time hahaha!

However, they are gorgeous! :flrt:

Best bet is to post a wanted ad :whistling2:

:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Just a pre warner... They are aggressive/home defensive... basically they wiggle their little tails, jump and bite all at the same time hahaha!

However, they are gorgeous! :flrt:

Best bet is to post a wanted ad :whistling2:

:2thumb:
I have never met an aggressive robo. I have even used them during animal therapy and not experienced a single nip of anyone when they put their hands in to stroke them and have them run over their hands.

I have not heard reports of biting robos either unless you hurt them when handling.

I do not think your experience is reflective of the breed norm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This was at a shop when i went to buy a pair of them... the guy let me scoop one up and he attacked me before i got anywhere near and he said that was the norm. :blush:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Robos arnt nasty hehe just more of a watch than a handle hamster because of there speed.

You could try to message the southern hamster club they can give you info on close breeders :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Robos are the least likely to bite! With patience and persistence, you can handle them and my little rescue girl has been to display shows (and frustratingly sat quietly in my hand as I explained how they aren't suitable as a child's pet!). SHC is a good place to start, and rescues may have robos.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, will try the SHC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts