Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just seen a pick of a viv with rope in it instead of wood is that ok to do or will it hurt the snake if it grips on it??

ben

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Don't See What Damage It Could Do Personally.

I think It Would Look Quite Pleasing To The Eye. Not So Natural. But Still.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Ben, I use thin rope in my vivs, depending on species, wouldn't put it in an adult boa's tank. My kings and corns love it and it gives them loads more grip to climb around the viv. I've always been a believer in DIY bits and bobs rather than paying 20 quid for an exo terra leaf lol. But saying that I always check experts for toxic stuff like in plants, glue etc. Phil

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I notice you have GTP's Benj, If your thinking ropes for these. I dont think it would work very well. As they like to wrap them selves around it.

I think the rope would be to loose for this. And snake would nevr feel comfortable. But for most terrestrial snakes, I dont see why not :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats the rope i'm dont going to use it i have just never seen it in a sanke viv before
ben thanks

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
hi there. i use vines in my royals tank. he seems to really like them. going to put some in my BRB's tank, when i have built it...

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
is this the type of rope u mean??

My new carpet python has rope looks pretty much like that, lots of the stuff. He seems to love it, he's up on it now :)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Here he is, not best pics, just from phone-cam, best I can do till misses brings Cam.

(Yes I know is bulb needs a guard, he only got here Thursday night so I am letting him settle before I start bugger about in his house)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My new carpet python has rope looks pretty much like that, lots of the stuff. He seems to love it, he's up on it now :)
mine are the same i have it in there RUB's along with wooden poles and they spend more time on the rope than the poles.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Gonna be using ropes with others in future I think.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
How is the rope attached to the interior of the vivs??

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
The ones in this viv are attached to some heavy hooks, that loop through cable-ties fixed real tight around the ends of the rope

1 - 15 of 15 Posts