Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
James my oh was lucky enough to pick up a breeding group of RGS at PRAS to add to his single girl. I saw them yesterday for the first time in their setup so grabbed some pics.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Beautiful! I love these little greenies - just wish I'd have had better info when I had my trio, and I might have managed to keep them alive.

Good luck with the breeding : victory:.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wow! I love these, everytime I see some I get very envious :flrt:

From what I have read they are very difficult to keep, is this because their needs are just that hard to mimic or is it just very little known about their needs that keepers are just guessing?

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
looking good!

i hope that they thrive... get some babies maybe next year!:no1:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful! I love these little greenies - just wish I'd have had better info when I had my trio, and I might have managed to keep them alive.

Good luck with the breeding : victory:.
Ye James lost a few before getting some good advice from WLW. The wild caught ones it seems nearly always die due to stress, parasites and that food in captivity doesnt have the right bacteria for their tums.

Wow! I love these, everytime I see some I get very envious :flrt:

From what I have read they are very difficult to keep, is this because their needs are just that hard to mimic or is it just very little known about their needs that keepers are just guessing?
Ye again its the wild caught seem doomed to death. Hopefully keepers in the uk can crack breeding them and stop the needless deaths of wild caught (in my opinion). These have bred this year and James has 2 of the cutest babies so tiny and mini's of the adults.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I really hope these little guys thrive for you, as they such amazing little critters - all the very best of luck: victory:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I saw these in PRK and now I REALLY want some but I doubt I could care for there needs well enoough to keep them alive ;(

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw these in PRK and now I REALLY want some but I doubt I could care for there needs well enoough to keep them alive ;(
Wait for captive bred ones to become available should have more success with those.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Rough Greens are such cool little snakes, shame about their death reptutation Ive heard about

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
thanks for posting these for me, Jackie:flrt:
thanks for all the well-wishes...i've been passionate about these snakes since i got a few ill-fated ones years back...
this group has produced one clutch, of which i have two babies as Jax said.

i'll do everything i can to get them breeding, though they are still acclimatising. with luck they wont have been stressed out so much by moving that they refuse to eat!!

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
i love these, so beautiful. i was going to get 1 from shirley aquatics but wen i went to pick her up they went to get her out the tank and she was dead, they'd only seen her alive that morning and i was gutted :cry:

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Put me down on the waiting list for babies!! Always looking to add more to the ones I already have. Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
i love these, so beautiful. i was going to get 1 from shirley aquatics but wen i went to pick her up they went to get her out the tank and she was dead, they'd only seen her alive that morning and i was gutted :cry:
that sucks...but sounds about right, i had one die within an hour of checking it, and it appearing fine. that was my first to die a few years back :(
Put me down on the waiting list for babies!! Always looking to add more to the ones I already have. Good luck!! :)
lol you may need to remind me in a year or so, fingers crossed, eh?

·
Registered
502 Posts
So Cute! :flrt:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts