Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as I'm relatively new to the scene could anyone please inform me if there are any regular checks or treatments I should do for my snake.

Cheers

Jack

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Hi, I check the majority of my snakes twice a day.

AM, it is just waters and spot cleaning as needed. This gives me a chance to spot any snakes that are becoming dull moving towards shedding and therefore increase humidity.

PM is a bit the same, just ensuring everyone has all that they need and seem alert and active.

If you check your snake every day you will know easily if their behaviour is "abnormal"

As for routine treatments. I don't treat anything routinely, I just keep a close eye on any that behave differently. Ie a snake sitting in its water that doesn't usually, may be coming up to shed or could have mites.

A snake that refuses food may be due to shed or stressed for some reason. Some, like my Royals and Crawl Cay do sometimes refuse but I know this is "normal" for them.

Don't know if this helps!!!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Same here, check water daily, spot check.
I examine them regular, check their eyes, nose and entire bodies looking for unusual bits ie mites, weird scales, tail tips.

Once you've had your snake a while you get used to the behaviour, for example i have 3 corns, all behave completely different but all "normal" for them. My male Carolina never sleeps i'm positive, especially this time of year, whereas my female Lavender and Male Snow only mooch around when hungry or in the wee hours of the morning.

:2thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts