Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to start breeding royals.i was just wandering if anyone could give me any good tips or info e.g....books, websitesetc and morphs you reccomend for first try. thanks

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
This has been my first year breeding royals, and so far have 3 good clutches out, 1 hatched and 4 more due.
I've picked up the majority of tips and tricks from this site.
There are around 150 hours of chats with mainly ball breeders, including....
Graziani
NERD
Pro exotics
Markus jayne
BHB
etc etc
All are downloadable free, and all live on my ipod.
Generally the first part of each show is a run down of industry news, after about 20 minutes the guests come on.
Good luck

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i cant wait to start. what did you breed together?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Good luck im hoping to give it ago for the first time this season with my two.

I have The complete ball python book and have found it really good.

·
Registered
385 Posts
if you brd a pied with a normal what would be the chances of getting pied offspring?

·
Registered
385 Posts
so both parents have to have the gene then? is it like that with all morphs?

·
Massive Member
11,823 Posts
I put both my male spider and male pastel to my 1.5 kilo female and my 2 kilo female before xmas through to earlier in the year. Didn't witness any locks and nothing came of it, So it's not always as easy as it sounds. They will be trying again soon, a bit older, a bit bigger and hopefully a bit hornier, and my enchi will be having a sniff around too. Hope something comes of it this time.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
so both parents have to have the gene then? is it like that with all morphs?
yes both have to have the gene but pieds are recessive genes and have non-visual hets and crap (not gonna go into since im rubbish at that lol)

dom and co-dom can produce morphs when bred to even a normal and when bred to themselves can have "SUPERS"

im a bit drunk lol but other will explain better but if ur REALLY interested then get " the complete ball python" by kevin mcurley plus check stuff like :
NERD - New England Reptile Distributors - NERD's Ball Python Collection

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I put both my male spider and male pastel to my 1.5 kilo female and my 2 kilo female before xmas through to earlier in the year. Didn't witness any locks and nothing came of it, So it's not always as easy as it sounds. They will be trying again soon, a bit older, a bit bigger and hopefully a bit hornier, and my enchi will be having a sniff around too. Hope something comes of it this time.
thats crap luck mate :bash:

hope it works better next time

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think i might start off with an enchi, spider, mojave and butter or hypo...cant wait :2thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts