Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im askin this 4 a friend she has an 07 male royal he hasnt eaten for ten days n now seems to b goin into shed how long is it he can go with out food b4 it becomes a problem and is there any thing she can try vivs all ok clean wiv correct temps dont no much bout royals as i only keep corns any advice would b great:2thumb:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Even a baby royal can go a long time without food, I've got a youngster who didn't eat for 5 wks when shedding, not an issue for them no weight loss and ate to make up for it once he started again.

As long as temps are ok and there are enough hides they should start feeding again on their own without too much trouble.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers il pass that on hopefully will reasure her :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have a Royal that hasnt eaten for 2 months. Just keep on checking him that he aint losing any weight, but all in all I aint worried:bash: just annoyed at the wastage of mice

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
ahh 10 days is nothing to worry about tbh as said above he will be fine as long as he isnt dropping to much weight
Tell her to give him 24 hours after his shed before trying him again as most snakes wont feed in shed :D

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
mine went 5 months!!!!! only just taken a rat pup as an assist feed!!!! think how many mice ive wasted!!!!:lol2:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Ide just wait till after it sheds then try feeding.I think aslong as theres plenty of hides in the viv it will be ok an feed when ready.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Tis nothing - 2 of mine won't eat in shed - and if the others are in shed I don't bother to offer. I'm fortunate enough to have no wastage though - my monitor is always happy to finish leftovers!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
ahh thank god for the dustbins of the reptile world :2thumb:
Yeah - who'd be without a monitor LOL! Trouble is I don't like giving my sav anything larger than a weaner - so guess I'll have to go for a Nile as well ... or there's always lacies of course ... :2thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow fanx every one for your commnts and advice:2thumb:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
don worry bout it, they often go off food wen shedding, however they are a pain in general as feeders

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any tips on gettin em to feed:2thumb:

·
Registered
419 Posts
don't mean to rub salt in the wounds but i have got a baby royal now 5 months, and its like throwing buns to an elephant. great eater even in shed but i am just lucky i suppose. every time i take her out her viv she seems to have grown a bit more. hope you all get your royals to feed ok, lovely snakes they are too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts