Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rock on, : victory:

Since I am an impatient old scrote this is the first I have had pip naturally in years. :blush:

Day 53 of a black pastel x normal clutch - I have the 55th day circled on the celendar as cutting day so any not out by then will be intruded upon. :whistling2:

It pulled its head back in just after this photo so I have not seen the top of its head or anything yet.

All I want for xmas is a black pastel girl to call my very own. :flrt:

dr del

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
aww congratulations!! keep us updated :2thumb:

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks, : victory:

I am trying to resist the temptations of the scissors till at least tuesday and have started looking for a way to relax until they are all out and sexable. :Na_Na_Na_Na:

so far coma seems to be the only viable alternative.

dr del

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh heh,

I am smiling so hard my cheeks hurt. :no1:

39g of black pastely goodness - and I think it's female. :flrt:
I suck at popping however so will be constntly re-checking until it is big enough I can probe it without fear.

A second egg has pipped and tomorrow I do the snippy-snip dance. :devil:

dr del

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Congrats :)
She's a stunner

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Heh heh,

I am smiling so hard my cheeks hurt. :no1:

39g of black pastely goodness - and I think it's female. :flrt:
I suck at popping however so will be constntly re-checking until it is big enough I can probe it without fear.

A second egg has pipped and tomorrow I do the snippy-snip dance. :devil:

dr del
Forgive my ignorance but I don't 'do' Royals. What is the difference between this little one and a normal? What does a black pastel look like?

Congratulations on the babies though :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but I don't 'do' Royals. What is the difference between this little one and a normal? What does a black pastel look like?

i didnt 'do' royals,then my missis got me one for my birthday.
now theyve taken over my life.:devil:

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

Black pastels aren't as visually different as some of the other morphs but they have a few characteristics that stand out.

The main ones are an overall more orange cast giving them a richer golden colour, a dark "inner ring" to the alien markings on the side, a tendency to have linked or floating side patterns and a pronounced blushing coming up the sides from the belly. You can't really see that last one in the pic I put up of the little girlie but one of the others has a nice exmple so will post a pic when it hatches.

dr del

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.