·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you call em...as they are the same snake...?? seems silly to me...lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
i call them royal, americans call them ball, they like to be awkward!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the certainally do...lol

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's just one of those cultural difference things. Americans tend to call them Balls and us Brits say Royal. A bit like how 'fanny' means different things in the US and UK... :oops:

G

·
americans call them ball pythons...obviously due to their tendancy to ball up...so why dont they call anacondas maneating lol or amazontree boas evil? lol....just american way of doing things i suppose...but why are they caled royal????:-|

G

·
nothing bloody royal about what mine just did....in her tub...just after i bloody cleaned her out!!!!!!

1800+ female proven breeder free to good home!!!!!!!:lol2:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
i call them royal and ball pythons :|

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I use both, Royals when Im talking about my ones, and Ball when Im talking about the species in general, but hey, I am a bit of a twerp so I don't really count :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
nothing bloody royal about what mine just did....in her tub...just after i bloody cleaned her out!!!!!!

Ill have her, got a lovely home for her, gimme ur addy ill be up on Saturday to pick her up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ROYAL
and if you try n roll one when it curls up to a "ball" it dont roll very well :razz:
(only jkg tigger)

·
Registered
4,200 Posts

Or BP (blood python) :lol2: I'm still laughing after reading your post!! I tend to use BP because I started off my snake-keeping life on Ballpython.net and just got used to calling them that. Like I tend to call my monitor a sav rather than a bosc ... but I'm weird anyway :crazy:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Royals, before i got my first one i was looking for books to buy but couldnt find any, they were all about Ball Pythons, i didnt even know they were the same thing:lol2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts