Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting a female 09 hatchling albino royal, excited but sad to have to see my boas and brbs go :-(
I am going to keep her in a rub on a heat mat with a stat.

1. what size rub? should i get a 5litre shallow or 9litre taller?
2. should i have hide caves or is newspaper and shallow rub adequate?
3. should i get a temp stat or pulse?
4. thinking of getting 17x11 habistat mat, think there 20w will this get the 92degree basking spot wanted? or will i need higher powered mat?
5. how many air holes should i drill? evenly over the hole of the top or like how a viv is on the side of the tub and do a few either side at the top?

and im getting a habistat stat as ive always used them and never had problems with them!

Thanks for any advice :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
like the look of the 7litre rub never heard it mentioned by anyone either for snake use it measures :- 13.6x14x3" ideal?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am getting a female 09 hatchling albino royal, excited but sad to have to see my boas and brbs go :-(
I am going to keep her in a rub on a heat mat with a stat.

1. what size rub? should i get a 5litre shallow or 9litre taller?
2. should i have hide caves or is newspaper and shallow rub adequate?
3. should i get a temp stat or pulse?
4. thinking of getting 17x11 habistat mat, think there 20w will this get the 92degree basking spot wanted? or will i need higher powered mat?
5. how many air holes should i drill? evenly over the hole of the top or like how a viv is on the side of the tub and do a few either side at the top?

and im getting a habistat stat as ive always used them and never had problems with them!

Thanks for any advice :2thumb:
hi hun am sooo jealous!!!! albino royal on top of my wish list!!

my 09 royal is in a 9l rub.
she is on kitchen roll as substrate, has loo roll hides, piece of rock for shedding and a plastic plant and mouse food bowl for water. she loves the loo rolls to hide in.
my heat mat is 11x 12 and is on a mat stat.
there is a good sticky about setting up a rub which i used when i did my 1st one.
hope this helps, enjoy your baby!!!

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks shellsangel, always thought royals and retics were the nicest albino's but always saw royals as too small and retics too big lol so went for boas but now i want space i can have a royal and be happy :)

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw what makes a morton wright albino royal any better than normal high contrast albino royal? is it just selective breeding on really good snakes or another blood line? thought id ask being as they seem to be a grand dearer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts