Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently shut down my 55 gallon fish tank due to the white spot disease. So I started looking at filling the tank with a snake. I was wondering what kind of snake I should put in? I was thinking I should get a western hog nose snake but was told there would be to much wasted space in the tank. So I started looking at ball pythons and I like them a lot. Would they do ok in a 55 gallon long?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
not too good with gallons sorry...what are the dimensions of the cage?
if you covered the back and sides and put a few more ventilation holes in the lid i think it could be suitable for a royal python or you could go for colubrids like milksnakes,kings or smaller boids like a few sand boas or a childrens python

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'm not an expert cos i have just recently got one myself, but that's huge for a Royal, Might be suitable for a fully grown female? But you might find there get very stressed in a large enclousre.

I have a 6 month old female in a 20" fauna plastic tank (the flat one). And i have a 3ft viv for when shes a lot older.

Also if your using an aquarium, make sure you buy a proper lid! The reptile sort. Or your find he/she will escape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts