Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in a pet shop told me that Royals need only a 2x2x2ft long enclosure, is this true?

·
Registered
990 Posts
A guy in a pet shop told me that Royals need only a 2x2x2ft long enclosure, is this true?
I'd say 3x2x2 at a bare minimum! X

Reactions: Alex L.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
depends on how big the royal is but when you think a 33L RUB or a Vision tub is only (roughly) 2 x 1.5 foot floor space it would probably be ok.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
I'd say 3x2x2 at a bare minimum! X
Depends on how big the snake gets,I personally would say 3x2x2 minimum maybe even a 4x2x2
I'm curious, why do people always say 3x2x2 minumum but the Vision V70 tub thats used in Vision, Freedom Breeder (I think) and LP Racks which are all designed for Royals are only 34 x 17.5 x 5.3 inches.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm curious, why do people always say 3x2x2 minumum but the Vision V70 tub thats used in Vision, Freedom Breeder (I think) and LP Racks which are all designed for Royals are only 34 x 17.5 x 5.3 inches.
Cos not everyone is a big breeder and some like to give snakes room

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
While there will be a few individual snakes for which a smaller enclosure helps, I would always recommend bigger for the average royal. The feeding issue is overstated IMO and shouldn't mean that the general trend is to cram them in too small enclosures. I remember someone at the Leicester meet saying they could get a baby royal to eat in the room in the pub as an enclosure, and that it's all about security and cover, not the size. I loved the sentiment behind that and would go along with a larger enclosure every time *unless* the specific snake couldn't tolerate it. All the royals I have had have been fine in larger enclosures than people say is suitable (they are a snake that people routinely ask what the minimum size should be rather than the optimum), my current little one is only in a RUB for my convenience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts