Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i've found a royal python for sale it's from a spider and pastel breeding it's hi gold with very reduced pattern he is sub adult and going for £200.00 is this a good price and what would you get if you breed him to the same female :?: :?: :?:
can any help :? :?

thanks

chris

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
A wild type royal from a spider to pastel breeding is just that, a wild type normal royal.

If you bred this male to a female normal from a spider X pastel breeding you would get all normals as both parents are normals.

Spider X Pastel = spiders, pastels, normals and bumblebee if i remember rightly...

As for the price i dont feel its my place to comment on other peoples prices so sorry but cant help there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
royal python

What do you mean by wild type royal as far as the price I was just looking for a guide to what these go for as I have never owned a morph?
It's a really nice looking royal but a lot of money for a normal
:shock:
CaseyM said:
A wild type royal from a spider to pastel breeding is just that, a wild type normal royal.

If you bred this male to a female normal from a spider X pastel breeding you would get all normals as both parents are normals.

Spider X Pastel = spiders, pastels, normals and bumblebee if i remember rightly...

As for the price i dont feel its my place to comment on other peoples prices so sorry but cant help there.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Just for comparison...I recently bought an adult male Hi Gold royal...He is stunning, absolutely gorgeous colours bright bright gold on a jet black base...He was £50.

I also have a female that is the same. I bought her as a baby and she was £80 from a shop nearly 2 years ago.

The Spider and Pastel morphs are co dominant, which means if they arent expressing that colour or pattern, they dont carry the gene. So breeding two spider x pastel siblings together would result in normal babies. Although if the adults are particularly bright, you may get some nice coloured/patterned babies, but these wouldnt be a morph, just a variation on the wild patterns/colours. In order to get a pastel or spider, you need to have a visual pastel or spider parent.

Hope that helped a lil bit :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
royal

i hope this worked trying to put a pic of royal on to see what you think of him, he does look like he is carring the genes but as i said this would be my first royal in the morphs. I would like to know what you all think :?: :?:

Thanks again

Chris

scarlettvegetable said:
Just for comparison...I recently bought an adult male Hi Gold royal...He is stunning, absolutely gorgeous colours bright bright gold on a jet black base...He was £50.

I also have a female that is the same. I bought her as a baby and she was £80 from a shop nearly 2 years ago.

The Spider and Pastel morphs are co dominant, which means if they arent expressing that colour or pattern, they dont carry the gene. So breeding two spider x pastel siblings together would result in normal babies. Although if the adults are particularly bright, you may get some nice coloured/patterned babies, but these wouldnt be a morph, just a variation on the wild patterns/colours. In order to get a pastel or spider, you need to have a visual pastel or spider parent.

Hope that helped a lil bit :lol:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just to clarify, the royal you are interested in buying, is NOT a morph. It was just produced from morph parents and will not carry any 'morph' genes on to any future breedings from it. If you breed it to a normal,you will get more normals, if you breed it to another spider/pastel sibling, you will still get normals.

As far as price goes, that's always up to the buyer. If you feel it's worth what they're asking then go ahead, but as always it's good to window shop first! :D

PS You need to put the image address bit in between the
8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts