Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking at getting another royal, a young hatchling, but checking out prices locally they have gone from £45 to £75. is it similar everywhere i presume its time of the year but it has to happen now I want another one.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
the shop near me, where i got mine has them for £70, which is more than i paid, can you find a breeder instead of a shop, if you wait awhile there will be shed loads after they've bred.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I got mine from Blagdon Water Gardens in Somerset and I managed to get him down to £60 for a fully grown male :D

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
yeah their pretty good at doing deals at blagdon sy. you should get over there.. they've usually got a few royals. I'm gonna have a go at getting them to give me the green tree python they've got in there for cheap in the new year sometime. its been in there for 6 months so surely they'll wanna get rid of it and i can't see anyone paying the £595 they want for it

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
also i saw royal babies for 50 in cadbury garden centre the other day. its on the bristol to weston super mare road

·
Registered
45 Posts
I paid £75 quid for mine two weeks ago It was an assisted feeder at the time.Bit pricey I thought but what can I say I fell in love with it.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeh time of year dude, nothing else

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Where I am they have been £75-90 all this year my local shop were even having problems with them not appearing on the supply lists.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
i got one eight years ago and she cost £95 from skegness (no local pet shops at the time) but i brought one from a local the other week for £49.99, as if that wasnt good enough, he hasn't missed a meal and has the best markings iv ever seen on a normal Royal!!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
royals

Yeah time of year is wrong really to buy royals, if ya can just hang on a few more weeks there should be loads more available for a lot less money plus full history from private breeders.
A lot of shop royals are still captive farmed & they`re going anywhere from £75-£89 round here if ya can find any.

good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts