Reptile Forums banner

Royal python set up

673 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Rlavelle 
#1 ·
Ok so I'm getting a Royal in about two weeks, he will be ten weeks & is feeding fine at the moment. Ive recently set up my viv, it's a exo terra small low viv 45x45x30 I believe (yes, glass isn't the best I now know that but can't change to a wooden now). I've got a heat mat on a thermostat and a compact top on with two 25w heat bulbs, aspen bedding, logs with artificial plants & vines, a cave hide & his water dish in the viv. My temps sit at a steady 32-33c; during the day & drop to around 27-28c; at night ...I've ready that ideally during he day they should be around 35c? So do I need to add more bulbs etc? Any advice is welcomed as I just want to make sure I've got it all ready and warm enough for when I pick him up. Thanks in advance :)

#2 ·
It sounds like you have everything under control, you appear to know exactly what you’re doing, and you don't need any advice. I think you should be the one dispensing advice as it were. Do you have your own website? If not I think you should get one, and you can keep us updated on there. Even if you’re not really into building websites, you can get a simple website builder service from this company I think. I have had a few Royals in my day, and I wish I had someone like yourself offering advice.

#4 ·
It's in one corner of the viv, it covers maybe about a quarter of it. Yeah again, I didn't get the best viv ideally with it being square but I've kept my thermometer centrally on the side that I have the heat mat and the daytime lights so that I get readings of the warmest area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.