Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I would be very interested in your Royal Python's toilet habits, particularly when handling.

Is it just a case of having a big towel nearby in case he/she decides to wee (I understand that they produce quite large wees?)

Generally do they only really wee on you when scared? Or it is a bit random?

What about poop - does that ever happen when handling?

Many thanks for sharing your experiences

·
Registered
12,436 Posts
Hello everyone, I would be very interested in your Royal Python's toilet habits, particularly when handling.

Is it just a case of having a big towel nearby in case he/she decides to wee (I understand that they produce quite large wees?)

Generally do they only really wee on you when scared? Or it is a bit random?

What about poop - does that ever happen when handling?

Many thanks for sharing your experiences

In all my years of keeping many , many Royals .... not ONCE has one EVER passed any urine or solid .. they just don’t do that kinda thing in my experience.

They’re very shy creatures and I’d say they normally pass a ‘solid’ a few days after a feed .

I do however have a King snake and a Hybrid Milk x King that both ‘musk’ an evil smelling liquid as soon as they’re picked up ( usually for viv clean-ups .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Only ever had a royal wee once on/near me.
I went and collected her then had to go to pick up some pond stuff then go to my mums to collect something else.
When showing my mum my new Royal I took her out the bag and she peed all over the grass Great timing though I must say!
Otherwise no accidents have happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had my royal for just under a year (she's just over a year old!) & She's never passed anything whilst I've handled her.
.... She's not a very good example of a royal though, she's super brave, explorative & enjoys a general good roam around everywhere 😂😂

My Cali king has musked on me once when he was startled by my son. I have a plains hog too & he's very regular when it comes to pooping, so I handle him after he's passed everything in his viv.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Scattastic :snake:

Not kept royals for decades, but never had them defecate on me. They mostly pooped just after cleaning out their cage :devil:

I do have a rescue corn snake who will obligingly poop in the garden after a short exploration. Not to be recommended in winter :gasp:

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts