Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to be collecting quite a few royals so could anyone give me info and pics of fubs, racks and heating....thanks

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
15mm contiboard, 9mm ply, 5 x 4' heat strips, 1 x 600w (will run 4 of these) pulse stat, 15 x 33L rubs... £425-450 total cost...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Build your own rack system mate, its simple and will cost you very little compared to prices you buy racks for. Heres a link to a DIY rack build on this forum. Also search on the forums for racks and you will find loads of threads about building them. YouTube is also good for video builds of racks.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Its easier to make your own.Mine cost me around £70.+ the cost of the tubs on top.

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
where do you make the holes in the rubs?
some people "tea bag" them...
i only put 1 hole in each corner of the top surface of the RUB , because "proper" RUBs are ventilated around the lid already...

·
Registered
262 Posts
is it not better to have a few more holes just to be on the safe side? i've actually now put holes all round on the sides and a few rows in the lid. i am new to keeping royals and i just thought i'd make sure that the rubs are well ventilated, besides i like checking on them daily and just spray the substrate on the heated side now and again

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I drill a couple of holes low down at one end and a couple high up at the other - bit of air flow then. And a couple in the lid.

Here's a 9L hatchling rack. Cost about £200 all in inc' tubs.

Tip is to get B&Q to cut the wood. Took less than 20 mins to build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts