Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and what sold i set the mat stat to ? he was cold when i held him

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also sorry askin a lot in the 2nd hide wich is the cool end is sum moss but its wet ? and he heading down that end again should i take the moss out??

·
Registered
237 Posts
umm looks good to me, but make sure u dnt leave the top of by accident:lol2: Also, If your thermostat has a light senore, like mine does (its called magic eye) thean make sure its pointing at a window or other light source =] The reason why hes probably avoiding the 2nd hide isnt the moss, its the fact that he feels more comfortable in the 1st one and he just has to make a choice - which is a bad thing - get him 2 identical hides so he chooses between them based on temp not on comfort! As for the thermostat i dunno tbh, Ive had mine set by someone else, And i use a IR lamp for heat anyway...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehehe thanks bud he is checking out the sensor have it just under the substate at the mo ?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is well under the substate i think will take the moss out it just gunne make him more cold will put two identical cocnuts in when they arrove hopfully 2moz lol:lol2:

·
Registered
237 Posts
alsom, how old is he, cos that seems a bit too big actually... And id place the hides in the same line horizontaly if u get what i mean, then the water bowl could go in front of the one on cool side...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
look on my pics bit just look at my post and you can see his size he a chunky lil fella :flrt:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you reckon a 9 l

·
Registered
237 Posts
Im just judging from the pic, dunno bout size, probz best to ask someone else, but get the hides sorted out!

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
The size is fine - as long as it has enough snug hides then I can't see it causing any problems personally. It's not a massively big tub. You could add a fake plant to take up some space if you personally think that the tub is too big for your royal once it's stretched out.

You need to get a couple of digital thermometers - you might aswell not use any if you have those exo terra dial ones. They measure air temp.. and not very well. And if you're using a heat mat, then you need to be measuring the surface temps by placing the probe from digital thermometers in the cool and hot end of the tub. : victory:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks will invest in one he is streched out now and is just over the lengh of the tub so just right i would say i was told they like snug so they feel safe??

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
thanks will invest in one he is streched out now and is just over the lengh of the tub so just right i would say i was told they like snug so they feel safe??
Yep that's right, if he's just over the length of the tub then it should be fine.

Where is your heat mat placed..? Can't see it in the pics : victory:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
under the cocanut width ways if you get my drift is that okies he is all over the shop now checkin it out hehehe

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
That's fine :) as long as it covers the width of the tub, and covers 1/3 of the bottom then that'll be alright.

Have you got the temps sorted now?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dont have adigi so am not sure wot shud i set the stat to

1 - 20 of 22 Posts