Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Me and my partner have just been down to our local rspca with reptile rescue and have reserved a lovely adult fire royal python!

its been a few years since I owned a snake and that was an adult cornsnake and this will be my partners first snake, so I just wanted to check that everything we've got set up with the rspca will be suitable!

They're setting us up a 3x2x2ft viv, with a reptile radiator and istat digital thermostat, with a uv strip light along the top. The viv size seems fine to me as the snake seems between 4-5ft by eyeballing it, but whats the thoughts on a reptile radiator? I've never used one before!

Bonus question: on the istat we can set different heat settings per hour of the day, so it can vary throughout a day/night cycle. Again I've not got experience with this so what would you advise temperature wise?

Any comments much appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, how is orchid bark as a substrate? they sell it in bulk there and was recommended, any good? if not i'll buy some somewhere else before tuesday

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Also, how is orchid bark as a substrate? they sell it in bulk there and was recommended, any good? if not i'll buy some somewhere else before tuesday

I LOVE it!

I have it in 22 out of 23 vivs . The other one is beech chippings for a Mexican Black King .

Looks great , real natural look , absorbs liquid adequately , holds as much or little moisture as you require .

Makes white or colourful or Albino snakes look AMAZING .

Plus if you've got the time and the space / containers it can be sorted /washed / dried and re-used .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts