Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My royal has shed, and previous owner had told me that u have to be careful cause sometimes ther is skin still left on burn scars. However its shed skin fine ther but on one side of its head ther is some skin left. How do i go about helping to get this off?

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Soak it in some tepid water and then gently rub from the nose backwards to remove it

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Ha whenever my Royal gets some skin stuck on the side of his head he starts rubbing himself against me as soon as I get him out :lol2:.

A quick swim in the sink and then I'll but my index finger under his chin, and he'll tilt his head whilst I rub it with my thumb. That usually brings up enough skin for me to then gently peel it off.

Not sure if your little blighter will be as forthcoming but it's certainly worth a shot.

Let us know how it goes!

Craig

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soak it in some tepid water and then gently rub from the nose backwards to remove it

i tried bathing the snake and have done a cuple of times now n all the skin has come off fine apart from on its 1 eye, shall i just try n keep soakin it cause cant rub its eye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts