Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi looking for some help the royal i was sold a week ago as a cold i no the best thing is the vet and im sorting it out asap but do any one no any good vets or any think to help him outfor now thanks for looking rob

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/400758-alternative-r-i-treatment.html that works a treat.

Make sure your temperatures are right too, round 92F hot end and 80-83cool.

Rach
I agree this will work very well and can even replace a medication if the infection is not too advanced, if the snake is open mouth breathing this is a sign of the infection getting advanced and this is the stage vetenary care needs to replace the alternative RI treatment IMO or the two can be used together to speed up the process. Its your call really which way to go with it, even when this treatment is being used you should however keep a very close eye on the snake just incase.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Only reptile vet i can see for pompey is:

Alistair Miller Veterinary Surgery,
75 High St,
Fareham,
Portsmouth
This Vet is highly recommended by many Reptile keepers on the South Coast:

Downland Veterinary Group, (Mr Vawer)
71 Havant Road,
Emsworth,

Tel: 01243 377141

Or if transport is a problem there's a Reptile Vet at Companion Care, Pets @ Home, Burrfields Road :2thumb:.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ever one i booked him in for tomorrow at Downland
Veterinary Group, (Mr Vawer)
71 Havant Road,
Emsworth,
for 2.50 next step is to sort a lift out thanks for ever ones help

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
thanks ever one i booked him in for tomorrow at Downland
Veterinary Group, (Mr Vawer)
71 Havant Road,
Emsworth,
for 2.50 next step is to sort a lift out thanks for ever ones help
If you join the PRAS club you will get a newsletter each month. If you attend the meetings you'll get loads of advice etc... on keeping snakes (there's a few Royal breeders that go). This Vet is one that is recommended in this months newsletter & one that many of the club members use. Hope all goes well for you :2thumb:.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like to say thanks to ever one for your help been to the vet my royal is on marbocyl for a week see how he is THANKS

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Hope he pulls through for you :2thumb:.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so do i its not nice sitting round waitting for him to get will you can not do any think just hope he getts well soon

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
I'm not sure if the vet told you or not but most of the antibiotics given out for reptiles are meant for mamals so are designed to work at 37*c so the higher your temps the more effective the drugs will be, as long as your mat has a stat I would aim for 35*c during the treatment period then drop to the temps recomended by rachel132002.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks i will i just looked ar him and he's head is up in the air and looks like its been there a bit and he has some think dry around is mouth do you think is getting worse i have gave him wot the vet gave me how long do you think it will take to work

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
thanks i will i just looked ar him and he's head is up in the air and looks like its been there a bit and he has some think dry around is mouth do you think is getting worse i have gave him wot the vet gave me how long do you think it will take to work
Usualy it will take 2 weeks or so to clear up, you could probably knock a few days off of that with WLW's alternative RI treatment as waell as the antibiotics. How long is the treatment for?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hello just to let ever one no my royal is a lot better now but he has not eat 3 weeks on sunday wots a good idear to get him eatting agen

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Have a look at the SNake Feeding Tips sticky at the top of the page.

Also have a look for wildlifewarriors alternative feeding trick post

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi got my royal to eat last night and i got him to eat by leaving the food in his viv over night is this a good way to feed him or not thanks for any info

1 - 19 of 19 Posts