Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my doubts. I've read in different caresheets that a royal should live between 20 and 40 years in captivity.

Is this true ?

What's the avarage you see people keeping them for ? Why don't we see more stories of people who have them for 20 or 30 years ?

I was just offered a 10 yo adult male, but I ain't sure if he would be good for breeding at this age (although I heard they can breed till later stages of their lives).

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
royals can live between 10 and 30 years, all depends on life style and how they looked after,

as for breeding, 10 - 12 years is prob max breeding age for a royal, as theres more chance of complications as they get older,

this is wot i know.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Royals can live between 20-30 years, the record longest lived Royal was 47 years old when it died, it lived in a zoo somewhere in america, cant remember where.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
yeah i would have thought the average age would be around 15yrs of age.... Its totally going to depend on how its looked after and how much its been breed

·
Registered
439 Posts
the oldest i've come across is 15+ in a friends collection.... he picked up a bunch of WC adult females about 15 years ago and they once settled in he has been hatching eggs from them ever since...

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
mo collinson who comes on here a tiny bit has a real old one, or had a real old well into its 30s i think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts