Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a question for you... when i first got my royal, i was told that they don't really like water. not sure this is true because, i had run the bath for my BRB and my royal tried to get in... not a good idea as the BRB is 6' and the water would be too deep. so, i ran some warm water into the sink, only very shallow, and he went staight in and swam around...

have i done the wrong thing with him or is it ok...????

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
suure, im sure people have psoted their royals in the tub before, actually it mihgt have been in the shower. but im sure its fine.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Too deep for what?

All snakes can swim if they need to. :)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too deep for what?

All snakes can swim if they need to. :)

Would you say that a 9 month old royal couls swim around in a bath of water??
Would i need to put something in there for him to rest on???

·
Registered
104 Posts
My understanding of snakes were that thier lungs are long and run down thier body so when they breath they have an automatic life vest.

Correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
spose every snakes different! my royal hates getting a bath. had to give him one a week ago as he'd had a bad shed. he didnt like me very much for a while! :lol2:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine shed really well... little bit left on its tail but got the rst off nicely.
He sits in his water bowl lots now, after the bath experience. think he might have liked it lots... lol

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Mine get baths from time to time and are fine with it. I just make sure that there's an 'island' in there (generally a plastic tub - i fill it with water so it stays still, then put the lid back on) so that they can rest or escape to dry land if they want to.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
every snake is diff some snakes will like it some wont: victory:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts