Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I recently acquired a very nice female Enchi Royal. Shes about 1.5Kg. And from what I know, has been fed on Multi's maybe her whole life. So. I have had as much experience as the next royal owner when it comes to them not eating, and being fussy and flighty etc. So I'm not going to worry if this doesn't work out. Has anyone had an adult/sub-adult that has been used to a certain food type (especially multi's) and managed to wean them on to rats, or even mice? Be interesting to see how many of you it actually worked out for. And if it has worked, did you use any particular type of method?

Thanks,

Jim. :2thumb:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
some of my royals eat multi`s and rats depending on what I have in the freezer. others I find a bit harder to change over from multi`s to rats but they normally will change over with a lot of patience.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jackiee, Patience being the key word here i think haha. I have bought a breeding group of multis, which will take some time to get going properly i think. Will be picking up a few frozen tomorrow. But it would be great if I could get her on rats. We'll see how this goes now. Might save some money with breeding the multis : victory:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts