Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best royal python morph to put to a male graziani pastel??

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oooh i like the pewter one!!!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
So do I, and I am currently looking at what I would like to buy (Royal wise) next year, finances notwithstanding.

So far I am thinking of Pastel Jungles, Cinnamon, Spiders and possibly an albino or two.

Better start saving!!!

Ideally, i would like to breed my own blue-eyed leusitic, but will need platinums for that project.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am swapping some corns tomorrow for a male graziani 07 so breed him to a few females, keep a female pastel back and sell the others to get cinnamon and spider maybe others : victory: Breed the pastels together then the superpastel to the spider ..... sweet Killer Bee :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
nice little breeding project there. thinking about it, i may keep a pastel myself (when i get them) just to obtain super pastels.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would have to keep one pastel back to get superpastels, get so much out of them with other morphs. Just seen the Sterling Pastel ... I want one of they :mf_dribble: Super Pastel x Cinnamon.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I am swapping some corns tomorrow for a male graziani 07 so breed him to a few females, keep a female pastel back and sell the others to get cinnamon and spider maybe others : victory: Breed the pastels together then the superpastel to the spider ..... sweet Killer Bee :mf_dribble:
another consideration, if breeding pastels to normals, is that offspring will be 50% pastels and 50% normals as pastel is co-dominant.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Would have to keep one pastel back to get superpastels, get so much out of them with other morphs. Just seen the Sterling Pastel ... I want one of they :mf_dribble: Super Pastel x Cinnamon.

haven't seen this one before, but i have seen super cinnamons and they look a bit tasty

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pastel x Normal is 50/50, so i will breed him to a few normal females to start with, by the time that happens i would have probably bought a Spider male or Cinnamon and breed them to a few normals to as again you get 50/50. Then start mixing them up a little : victory:
Oh and i agree on the super cinnamon :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Pastel x Normal is 50/50, so i will breed him to a few normal females to start with, by the time that happens i would have probably bought a Spider male or Cinnamon and breed them to a few normals to as again you get 50/50. Then start mixing them up a little : victory:
Oh and i agree on the super cinnamon :mf_dribble:
as long as you have a few normal females to breed him with you should get a fair few pastels to sell.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the beauty of co-dominant and dominant morphs, you don't need the female, you can breed your own :smile:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Thats the beauty of co-dominant and dominant morphs, you don't need the female, you can breed your own :smile:
True. I am now looking at Pastel Royals. Found one for £380. but will have to see if I can stretch that much with christmas fast approaching and five kids to buy for!

I already have a pair of 07 Royals which are growing like weeds and will be looking for normal females at Rodbaston.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am picking up some females at Rodbaston. Pm Iguanaman on here as i am getting a couple of females from him and i think he has some left.
As for the pastel, pm argentine boa as he can get lemon line pastel males for £180 on his Bob Clark run :smile:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I am picking up some females at Rodbaston. Pm Iguanaman on here as i am getting a couple of females from him and i think he has some left.
As for the pastel, pm argentine boa as he can get lemon line pastel males for £180 on his Bob Clark run :smile:
Just had a quick look around and I really do prefer the Graziani pastels, but will think about the lemon line. argentine boa's bob clark order was for october so not sure if its too late for that one now. Need to make sure I want a lemon line pastel before i pm him.

Will pm iguanaman about the normal royals to see if he has any females left.

Cheers mate

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Argentine boa is constantly getting shipments, got one in december and then in March, hope to get a spider or cinnamon off him on march run and maybe a lemon pastel on the december run. : victory:

·
Registered
991 Posts
So do I, and I am currently looking at what I would like to buy (Royal wise) next year, finances notwithstanding.

So far I am thinking of Pastel Jungles, Cinnamon, Spiders and possibly an albino or two.

Better start saving!!!

Ideally, i would like to breed my own blue-eyed leusitic, but will need platinums for that project.
mojave x mojave will also produce lucys, and there cheper than lesser's too!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
mojave x mojave will also produce lucys, and there cheper than lesser's too!
I've been having a look around Bob Clark's site this afternoon, and spotted his Fire Balls which when bred together will produce a black-eyed leucistic. The Fire Balls are nice in their own right, but to have them produce a black eyed lucy is another very tempting factor for me.

I need to do some serious thinking and decide what I want to produce first before I start ordering any more snakes.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Would I be right in assuming that you can't have a 'het for spider' because it's a dominant gene, so it either is or it isn't?

Spider is a good choice doesn't really matter what you put it to you get something nice out :) Put it to a ghost and you get a very nice Honeybee :)

I've just bought my spider male and mojave male and some normal females from Captive bred, the females won't be ready to go next season, but they should grow like weeds for the one after. I've already landed a nice lemon pastel female, and a normal, so hoping for some normals, spiders, pastels or Bumblebees next season looking for some more big girls for the boys to share, so hopefully some Mojo's and normals from that. I'll probably end up keeping everything back and growning it on :) Good luck to everyone on the buying and breeding thing, it'll be interesting to see what we all end up with, apart from headaches from working out the hets etc at the end of it all.

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Would I be right in assuming that you can't have a 'het for spider' because it's a dominant gene, so it either is or it isn't?
Yes and no.

Yes, you can get an animal who is heterozygous for the Spider gene - they have only one copy and the other copy is "not-spider". So when you breed one to a Normal you cannot reasonably expect that ALL of the offspring will be Spiders unless you know you have a Homozygous Spider. Proving THAT, though, would be through breeding trials.

No, you don't get INVISIBLE "het spiders" - if it has a copy of the gene, it is visually Spider. If it doesn't look Spider, it doesn't carry the gene at all.

And I desperately wish I could afford to buy a couple of Mojaves myself.... lovely snakes, and the Leucistics are even better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts