Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 6 Royals, and my room is getting a tad cluttered, much to the girlfriends annoyance.:devil:

AS Rubs are easily stackable, would this be advisable, and does anybody else do this? My worry is that if I needed to get to the bottom RUB, I would have to remove the top 5 to do so....not a good scenario.:bash:

The only other way is to get a rackthat will take the RUB's, but with 4 of my snakes being 07's their RUBS are smaller than my 04's.......so the rack will have to alter in size as you go higher.........

Anybody got any tips?:notworthy:

Also, in regards to heating them all, could I run them off the same thermostat? Or need a seperate one for each as they currently are?

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I'd build a rack, with different shelves in for different RUBs.

How would you heat them all if they were directlystacked ontop of each other? :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh...thats what I was not hopng the answer would be!!!:whistling2: Means money and me bodging it up no doubt.

I was hoping sum1 had a miracle idea that had been offered on Dragons Den and they snapped their hands off for the product that racked, stored, heated, cleaned, and calmed all of my snakes!!!! Heres to hoping eh:lol2:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I'd build the rack suitable for the biggest RUB, and just use smaller RUB's for some until they grow. Just need to push the smaller RUB's back a bit farther so they are getting the heat from the mat, assuming you will be using heat mats? Just make sure that only around a third of each RUB is on the heat mat and you should be fine.

I use 18L, 9L and 5L RUB's for smaller corns and Royals, and all use racks suitable for 18L RUB's, allowing me to change the RUB's as the snakes grow without the need to build new racks every time.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Personally, id build a 6 tub rack, with the shelves big enough for the largest tub. Then place the 2 large tubs in a shelf each, and the 4 small ones, either in one shelf, or split between 2 shelves. That way you would only need to heat 3 or 4 shelves until they are all big enough to have a large tub each. And you wouldnt have to build a 2nd rack : victory:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts